Elimination Chamber Turns Into A Test Of Resistance.

Start from the beginning

Later that night, a blizzard did hit and covered the roads and my running path with fresh snow.
Saturday morning before we were to head to the airport to catch a flight in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I got up very early, by then the path was clear for me to run through. But before I  went for my usual run. I made Maryse a special breakfast and put it on a tray and took it to the guest room and put it on a tall table near the foot of the bed. I had a rolled up newspaper, a perfect yellow rose I put in the freezer the night before since I couldn't sleep and went for a midnight run and came across it on my second pass through the trail. I even left a note on top of the platter that had her breakfast on it. I then headed out to do my run.

I was able to clear my head and returned to the house. I found Maryse in the living room and she looked up at me and smiled. "Morning Daniel." She stood up and walked up to me. "Thank you for breakfast. And this." She held up the note. "You're so good at writing such beautiful things with not so many words. But I really loved the yellow rose." She smiled wider. 'My dearest friend Maryse, Having you in my home has been a real pleasure. I've loved watching you smile whenever I see you look at the paintings on my house walls. Or listen to my vast collection of rhythm and blues and classical music. But most of all. I've become accustomed to the company. Your, company.' She looked at me as she read the letter aloud. 'I may not know what is causing this rift between you and Mike. But I've been doing everything possible and I like to think I'm succeeding in keeping you happy and occupied as you stay here. And even though I hope you do patch things up with Mike. I hope you'll think of my home as your second home. Your safe harbor in any wild storm that will come your way.' She folded it back up and held up the yellow rose to her nose and sniffed it. "You're a sweetheart, Daniel. Through and through." She grinned.
"Hmm. Well, I better get a shower in before we leave." I smiled as I gently caressed her right cheek with my left hand. "Some guys have all the luck," I said.
"Your day will come, Daniel." She smiled as I did the same. We soon got packed up and headed to the airport to catch a flight to Pittsburgh. While on the plane. She asked, "Daniel?"
"Hmm." I hummed in reply.
"Did you mean everything in the note?"
"Yeah. I did." She smiled a bit. And of course, this being the mountain northwest we had to change flights in Salt Lake City. Then finally had a direct shot to The Steel City.

When we landed in Pittsburgh, which was Saturday Afternoon, we headed to the hotel and found a reservation for both of us. I was to go against Jinder in a regular match nothing was on the line. Or even remotely resembling on the line. Mike was to be in an elimination chamber match for the WWE title. Maryse was planning on being in my corner during my fight against Jinder.
Anyway, when we reached our hotel room. We went directly to bed. Considering the jet lag was encroaching on us fast. I collapsed on the sofa as Maryse took the bed.
Close to five or six in the evening. I was jolted awake by a knock at the door. "Coming," I said slowly moving to my feet. I answered the door to see Mike holding Monroe.
"Hey, Daniel." He smiled.
"Mike." I looked at Monroe. "Hey, Monroe." She giggled as I gently tickled her chin.
"Maryse in."
"Yeah. But she's aslee..." I was interrupted by a gust of wind and suddenly saw Maryse in front of me. "Nevermind she's up." I smiled as I left the door frame as Maryse held Monroe. "Mike I'm only giving you advanced warning. You cause trouble, drama or a fight with Maryse. You are out of here."
"Understood." He said. I laid back on the sofa and practically slipped back to sleep.

When I woke up an hour or two later. I found Maryse laying on top of me And instead of risk waking her. Just ran my hand through her hair. I then noticed Monroe in her arms. I smiled at the little picture in front of me. 'Don't worry you two. You'll be back with Mike in not time.' I whispered. I smiled as I went back to sleep.

Early the next morning, I woke up to find Maryse in the kitchenette of the hotel room and Monroe giggling in my lap. I gently sat up and started tickling Monroe making her giggle a little more. "Morning, Mr. Sleepy." Maryse joked.
"Morning. When, did you get up?"
"At six this morning. Because this little handful started crying." Maryse took Monroe and held her. "I made some breakfast for you. It's in the kitchen." She smiled as she played with Monroe. I stood up and went to get some breakfast and while I ate, I read a rolled up paper plus a copy of farm and ranch times. I knew who was responsible for the ranch times. Which if you must know displays the fill level of all the reservoirs and dams in Idaho. I finished breakfast and just as I had washed, rinsed, dried and put away the dishes. Maryse and Monroe were all bundled up and dressed to head to the arena for Elimination Chamber. I was feeling like I was in an old school family show. And for a brief moment. I forgot that Maryse was Mike's and not mine. I looked at the picture in front of me. Maryse holding Monroe and both cuddling on the sofa. That picture alone made it hard to snap out of my daydream. But I did and shook my head ferociously to remember I was only looking after Maryse until she patches things up with Mike and apparently Monroe for today. I showered and dressed in some clean dry clothes and once I was ready. We headed outside and got a taxi to the arena.