Some Crush

It was December where the signal flare started to flicker its light.

They were seated next to each other, rustling noises came about in the lowly lit cinema room as everyone began taking their seats and somewhere chatting away before the movie would start in just a few moments. He quickly glanced at him, he could barely make out his face by the dim light but he could tell he was tired.

They kept chatting till late hours of the night because of some topics that had to be done while inserting random questions that weren't all that necessary but just had to be asked as well.

Maybe because he wanted to talk to him more.

Knowing full well the consequence of this action.

His dark brown hair grew longer than the last time he saw him even if it was only yesterday afternoon that they last saw each other. He always wondered if he could run his fingers through his hair, would it be soft? would it be briskly? who knows.

That thought came fast as swiftly as it passed by when he felt a nudge on his shoulders.

He blinked once, then twice, then multiple times to adjust his eyes to the now darker room. He focused on his eyes, a dark shade of brown then to his lips but quickly went back up to his eyes that held curiosity in them.

He mouthed a question.

He smiled, saying he was alright.

But for sure his heart wasn't.

~

He didn't know how it all started, but he knew that what he was feeling was some sort of romantic feelings for the person.

Maybe because he was not in good terms with his crush, or was it because they started chatting with each other more than necessary. He has to admit, he was in denial by all of these mixed emotions that kept swirling in his heart and mind but just by seeing him.

But---

He somehow made him happy.

No matter how much he wants to kick him on the face.

He had thought at first, it was simply admiration. A small scoop of respect for him no matter how unworldly his thoughts and views are, and no matter how he tried to undefined the laws of physics with his dangerous but yet entertaining personality.

He was dangerous, but nobody thought like that but him.

Nobody knew the side of him but him.

Or was it because he only let him because, because...

because,

Why did he?

It was a troubling feeling but the more he put focus on it, the more he became aware of these feelings being held down by him. He just wanted a normal relationship--a pleasant friendship with him.

But no,

he had to simply go into his heart and make him feel this way.

This unnerving feeling is poison to him, these wrecked thoughts continued to feel his heart and mind and eventually his body.

Especially that part down there.

He tried to shake it off but no matter how much he tried to simply shake it off--or kindly brush it off. It doesn't work.

So he gave up at the end of November.

He, with some opinions from his so-called peers, had to admit this.

He actually fell in love with him.

Here, in this cinema, it started to play.

The gradual noise soon became louder as we quietly watched the movie with small noise coming from the people chatting upstairs at the second floor of the cinema room.