The Beginning of a New Adventure

Comenzar desde el principio

Once I was on the wooden platform, he put my suitcase down and patted my head. He got back on the train.

"Thank you for everything." I told him as the train started to move.

He held on to the railing on the side of the train and waved at me, I did the same to him.

"Anytime! Have a great day, sweetheart."

Soon the train speed up and went out of sight. I picked up my bag and walked off the platform.

The area was vacant, no one was here to pick me up.

Did they forget about me?

I sat down on the platform steps and placed my head in my hands. I was exhausted and on the verge of a mental breakdown.

However, I needed to stay strong. I picked my head back and held back the tears that threatened my eyes, I listened for any signs of human life around me.

Instead, silence filled the air.

I started to feel scared, my thoughts were beginning to turn dark.

What if they had forgotten about me? What happens if I was here until dark? What would I do?

However, the thoughts dissipated when I heard hoofs clomping in the distance.

I immediately grabbed my bags as the wagon approached me. The woman on top of the seat looked down at me, her gaze a bit intense.

"Are you the new Pevensie?" The woman asked, her tone mellow.

"I... Christina Hunt is my name, actually...but I suppose..." I was about to explain, but the woman rolled her eyes and interjected.

"Are you the girl they've adopted, or are you not?" She asked in an annoyed tone.

Adopted...that was a harsh word to use. But it was the truth, I was adopted now and even though I didn't like to admit it, I had too eventually.

"Yes mam." I answered while I gripped the handle of my suitcase tightly.

The woman looked in the back of the wagon bed and then at me, "Is that all you brought?"

"Yes, I didn't have much." I replied, I was a tad furious at the tone she was speaking to me. But, this lady was picking me up and was using the time she had to do it. I should be grateful, and that's what I intended to be.

"Get in the back." Said the woman, she nodded her head towards the wagon bed.

I did what was asked of me and climbed on a pile of hay.

"What can I call you?" I asked in a quiet tone.

The woman looked at me, "Mrs. McCready."

"Ok Mrs. McCready." I repeated, I gave her a small smile to try to lighten up the mood.

Nonetheless, she still held the same face. Instead of smiling back, she turned around and clapped the reigns.