Chapter 1: Macy T_T

"Oh come on! I was so about to beat you there!" Alex shouted in frustration

"You'll get me next time." Macy replies while laughing a little.

"NO!!! I'll beat you guys next time" Max screamed at his older siblings in an excruciating tone.

Macy cringed and covered her ears while Alex winced at the volume.

"Yeah right! Why don't you aske Master Macy to help you do that!" Alex remarked at his younger brother.

"Really! Will you help me Macy?" Max asks eyes filled with hope.

"I don't know if I'm a master but-" the blonde girl began.

"Macy, come into the kitchen okay!" their mother interrupted.

"Sorry, I'm going to have to go guys. Coming!" She shouted.

Macy began walking through the long hall that connecting the living room to the kithchen. On the walls were seemingly endless amounts of photos crammed onto them. Macy glanced at the photo showing her, Alex, Max, her parents and her best friend Cathryn at the beach on South Carolina's Coast. In the image they had all buried her dad underneath the sand and were all lying next to him laughing. Macy laughed a little remembering how ridiculous he looked with that mermaid body that they designed for him.

Then, she glanced at a picture of one of the rare times that it snowed properly. Macy and her family originally were going to make one snowman together but in the end, they made their own. That's what the picture showed. Each of the five members of the family stood by their respective snowman while the camera counted down. They were all smiling their biggest grins, even if they were freezing their toes off at this point from the cold. 

Macy smiled fondly at the picture but she was quickly snapped out of it when she heard her mom call her again. The blue eyed girl quickly sprinted to the kitchen in record time and looked up at her parents properly. When she saw their faces, she immediately felt like something was wrong. Her mom was smiling sympathetically at her and her dad looked kind of nervous. That didn't sound like a good combination.

"Macy," her mother started.

Her dad continued, stating, "There's something we need to tell you."

Macy stared awkwardly while internally freaking out even more. 

"You know how I'm a military officer right?" he asked his daughter.

She nodded.

"Well, the army recently gave me orders to move, so, we're moving to Hawai'i in a month," he explained.

Macy glanced at her shoes then back up at her parents. Her gaze hardened. 

"What are you talking about! Why now after 6 years! I'll never see Cathryn again! What about Grandma and Grandpa!" she snapped.

"We were lucky to be able to live here this long dear, some families just move more than others" her mom said.

Macy glanced at the door to her bedroom in the hallway.

"Can I be excused?" she asked.

Her mother's face fell in response but, she nodded.

Once she reached her room, she went into her closet to look for some boxes. She glanced past her converse to the left corner of her closet. She slowly walked over, grabbed the boxes, and came out of he closet. Macy began picking up all the books she had carefully placed them in one of the boxes. 

However, in midst of this, she wasn't able to hold back anymore. She dropped to her knees and felt her eyes watering again. So that where she stayed, crying at fear of the unknown, the prospect of leaving her home, not seeing her family, losing her best friend. She hated this, everything was fine before now, nearly everything she knew was being thrown out the window. She sobbed into her hands and she felt like it would never end.

After what felt like hours(but was really five minutes), Max and Alex came into her room too. Macy tried to wipe away her tears but, her brothers quickly kneeled down to her side and began tearing up themselves. She grabbed both of them and they all embraced.

Their parents came in about a minute later to them still hugging and crying a little. When Macy opened her eyes she, realized that their mom and dad had joined the group hug too. She looked up and saw that both of them had swollen eyes. She realized that they were all grieving and that made her feel a little better. She knew she wasn't alone in this.

"Hey, maybe this is the start of something great," she said.

Meanwhile in California...