we are (not) princes

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀⠀Despite being moonrise, where the white crescent was at its most illuminative, the young brunette was still as lively as ever. Mikaela bid his farewells to both women, wishing them a good rest, before he was off to his noble's bathroom. Towards why he was needed there, he was uncertain of. But in Mikaela's blood, he knows he is happy to be needed by the raven-haired male. His heart begins to race at the thought of seeing Yuichiro with a smile once he arrives, the sweetness of his plump cheeks, the light in his eyes as they grace upon him. At such a thought, his chest warms.

⠀⠀⠀If only... it was possible.

⠀⠀⠀Upon arriving at Yuichiro's bathroom door, he gives a quick knock on the tall, sun-kissed wood before stepping back. It takes a few seconds until there is a brief unlocking of the doorknob, though the door itself does not fling ajar. Mikaela takes the sign as a welcoming into the bathroom.

⠀⠀⠀As soon as Mikaela creaks the door, barely making even the smallest opening, he slips in through the thin crack and was met with a rush of warm steam breezing past his cheeks. It doesn't take long to notice that Yuichiro was settled on a stool in front of a vanity, his arms and legs crossed as if he were unhappy about something. The man already knows what. Sighing, Mikaela strolls over to the wall that faces his noble's mirror. Now, was the slave able to take in the raven-haired male's expressions— the way his eyes appeared to be fairly dull and lifeless, shoulders trembling with abrupt breaths, along with the bleeding of his lips.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela's heart ached at the sight. "Sir... are you feeling alright?"

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro grumbled something beneath his breath that was inaudible for the blond male behind him. It doesn't take much for his head to fall into his quivering palms, eyes squeezed shut as he tried, tried so hard to stop himself from crying. Mikaela freezes in place— his feet are glued to the flooring beneath them; his hands are more stern than a tree branch. He doesn't know what to say, what to do in the situation in which his noble is so vulnerable, exposing his weak side to him in such a forlorn way. Thankfully, the raven himself, through several sniffs and hiccups, speaks his mind.

⠀⠀⠀"Mika... I don't know what to do..." Yuichiro begins with a choke, his gloved palms pressing unnecessarily rough against his eyelids. "I had to... I had to explain to my father that King Crowley wouldn't be a part of our alliance... and he had noticed the shreds and rips of my uniform. He was disappointed and vexed to hear on how I handled the situation..."

⠀⠀⠀He's breathing more heavily as the seconds continue to pass. His vermillion-colored nose is running, cheeks just as illuminative, but he doesn't look up from his tear-stained hands. "My father said I wasn't worthy to lead his army to war. To think I was nearly strong enough to defend myself and my men, but you... you are always the one to save me," Yuichiro says as he lifts his chin to look up at Mikaela, eyes filled with overwhelming amounts of emotional agony, "and there's something wrong with me, for when I look at you... it feels like my body can't function.

⠀⠀⠀"I don't understand... why I'm this way... I don't know why every time I look at you— your cold, yet capable-of-kindness oceanic eyes; the way they seem to peer through me and see everything that I am thinking; the way you hold yourself, a strong and dangerous man, yet you have the ability to control yourself; the little grins you manage to create when you see something that catches your eyes— when something interests you.

⠀⠀⠀"It's the way you look at me that makes my mind lose itself— I can't think for myself, can't think for my people, can't think for my father. It is both intimidating and alluring at the same time; it makes my heart race, my body grows warm, I lose the ability to stand— all because your eyes land upon me..." Yuichiro stops for a breath, tears still evident in his vulnerable, reddened orbs. "And I don't understand why... why it is a sin for a man to be attracted or involved in another man, nor of why it is a sin for a slave and a noble to be together. I simply cannot fathom the reason, and it pains me deeply... to tell you this and know there is nothing I can do but let go; to let go and force myself to change... for the better of my kingdom."