Then, Now, Always

Addison looked up into the dark night sky holding her moms hand.

"Mommy?" Addison asked making sure her mom was listening

"Yes Addi?" Her mom sounded annoyed while walking through the neiborhood at 11.30 finding her and her daughters way to there new home

"Where are we?" Her 4 year old voice was too cute to get mad at

"We are going back home Add." Addisons mom told her through partly clenched teeth

"Oh." Addison went back to smiling to herself and lookng off into space. She started humming, then skipping, making her purple dress go every which way. Her mom Kaylee managed to keep it together still looking for there house. She remember it was number 39. So all she had to do now was go through every street in Aspen looking for 39 although there was probably more than 1.

When Addison started getting tired her mom agreed to pick her up and trudge along the sidewalks even slower.

Only 10 minutes after she picked up Addison they crossed themselves with a house number 39. They were only here once in the winter so they arent too sure about what it looks like. But Kaylee still went up to the door and knocked lightly, praying to herself it was the right house. Her frown turned into a delighted grin when her husband opened the door smiling.

"What took you so long?" He asked "I set up every air matress but Addi's. Everything else can be done and brought her tomorrow."

"Sorry Daniel, our car broke down so close to a gas station so we walked. And I didnt call you because I forgot my phone." Addison awoke from her mothers arms jumping up and runnning to her dad.

"Daddy!" She screamed "We had to walk so long to come find you!" She yelled with excitement, now sitting on his lap. The house was big. It had beige walls and darker beige furniture. A white carpet sat under a glass coffee table in the living room. Addisons mom had gotten up and started bringing boxes filled with Addi's things upstairs to her new room.

"I want to see my room!" Addison squeeled, running up the steps bumping into her mom.

"Addison careful!" Her mom said wobbling around holding a box. 'Probly had glass stuff in it' Addison thought to herself walking slower now, behind her mom. Once they got through the hallway they arrived at Addisons new room. It was much bigger than her last room.

"Wow mommy its so big!" Addison yelled, spinning in the middle of the empty room. The box that Addi had expected to be glass had only been one thing. A soft saggy thing..

"What that!?" Addison asked as if she were talking about some gross slimy stuff she had to eat. Her mom spread the soft saggy thing in the middle of Addisons room.

"Its your bed for tonight." Kaylee said turning the air matress on.

"No it takes up to much space for spinning and dancing!" Addison started stomping all about the room whining. The air matress was making a wierd noise while filling up with air. When Addison realized her mom was clearly ignoring her she started to scream, cry, and stomp more. Her mom just plugged her ears and left the room. Addisons bed seemed to be complete.. She flopped down into it and started sobbing more. 'No one cares about me!' she thought. She ended up crying herself to sleep having no one to check on her, get her blankets, or comfort.

Addison awoke with a fright looking up at the ceiling. She didnt reconize where she was at all. So she started bawling her eyes out until tears stained her redend cheeks. She started walking around the strange place starting to be somewhat familar and then it struck her. She was in her new house. She walked out of her large room, hands tracing the walls because of the darkness.