An Informative Authors Note

Hey guys! I know you were expecting a new chapter so you're probably a bit annoyed at this- sorry, I'm working on it! But I just wanted to talk about Derek for a paragraph or two! If you like Derek, think he's a cool dude, you're average teenage werewolf, then you can skip this note completely. But if you think he's an arrogant little prick then please, stick around for this message!! :)

Derek Anderson.

Now, I've read a few negative comments on him recently. Obviously, I'm not going to force you to love him, but I don't think it's right to be judging his character when you, oh so clearly, do not know him. Derek is a seventeen year old boy. Yes, he's a werewolf, but he's still just a kid. And in case you haven't noticed, teens are horny as fuck! In Derek's case, that is true! But that absolutely does not mean he is sneaking around with other girls! He loves Paige more than anyone else in the entire freaking universe! More than his friends, more than his parents, even more than himself! Though it hasn't been mentioned, Paige is his first girlfriend. He refused to date anyone until he found his mate. He was loyal to her before they even fucking met! So he would never even think about another girl- sexually at least. And also, he is not just using Paige for sex- how could he when she won't let him? He always jokes, "I'm not gonna rape you." If he really didn't give a shit for Paige, and just needed her so he could mate and become an alpha, he would have forced her too already. But he hasn't. And you know why? Because he loves and cares for her. So he is willing to wait until she is ready. Another thing about Derek: he is pushy. He is pushy, and forceful, and will do almost anything to get his way. But he would never do anything that would potentially bring harm to Paige. I will repeat this, he is just a teenage boy. He is accustomed to getting his way. You may say he's spoiled, and yeah, I guess he is! But that doesn't make him a bad person, does it? Switching to Paige really quick, she isn't a blob of jelly. She does have a spine and uses it to stick up for herself! But incase you haven't realized yet, Derek is a werewolf twice her size. He's also ten times stronger, and ten times faster than she is. Competing against him isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. So I'd really appreciate if you wouldn't be so quick to judge either of them. The key thing to remember here is that nobody's perfect.

Now how do I know all this, you may ask? Because I'm the flipping author for Pete's sake! I know these characters inside and out!!

Now, if you still hate Derek, then whatever. I have tried reasoning with you, by giving you a bit more information on his character and explaining a few things. And if you still think of him as a egoistic douchebag, I give up. But I really hope that you have at least tried to see him from a different angle. Just know that he is not the antagonist in this book.

Thank you to those who have read through to the end of this rant. I just wanted to try and clear some things up about my boy Derek.

A new chapter should be out soon! :)