I'll Be Waiting

It was a typical day at the Mabelle house, Mr. Mabelle is a very handsome man, he was muscular and tall with blonde shiny hair and he had a friendly face. His wife Kate was thin with red, straight, long, smooth hair. Their daughter Tiffany was extremely pretty with a lot of friends and she also had very good grades. It seemed that their life was perfect. Kate was off to work as a lawyer in her Mercedes bends. When she arrived she saw a grungy looking man in a rugged gray jacket.

"So you haven't gotten that raise yet Kevin?" she said with a smirk as she looked up and down his jacket.

"Hey you better watch it, you keep walking and talking like your better than everyone else then one day you'll wake up and your life won't be so perfect anymore."

"Ya when hell's frozen over," she muttered.

"It just has," Kevin whispered.

"Excuse me?" Kevin went into his bland white office and shut the door.

"Ok then..."

It came to the end of the day and Kate drove home. Right when she got through the door the phone rang. She dropped her beige purse and picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mrs.Mabelle this is Mr.stine your daughter's principal. Tiffany has seemed to have slipped on the wet hallway floor and fell and we think that she has broken her leg.

"Oh my goodness! I'll be right there!" Kate slammed down the phone.

"Oh..." Tiffany moaned. "It hurts."

"Your mother will be here soon." said Mr.Stine in a comforting tone. Kate busted through the door.

"Baby! Are you ok?"

"Mom, it hurts!" Mr.Stine told them that he had already called an ambulance and they should be here soon. Sure enough the ambulance came and took Tiffany and her mother away. The doctor brought Tiffany into a room where he would take the x-ray of her leg.

"She'll be back on her feet no earlier than a month." Said the doctor finally after examining the x-ray. Then Tiffany complained endlessly about crutches and the cheerleading competition was in one week and she couldn't be in it.

"Oh baby I'm sorry." Kate said as she hugged Tiffany. "I think that you should rest.

"Alright mom." Tiffany went to her bedroom sobbing.

"Hey I think that I'll go to bed also. Care to join me Kate?" James said raising his eyebrows up and down.

"I'll be there in a minute." Kate giggled. Kate sat on the black leather couch and stared out the window for a moment and saw that it had begun to rain. Kate went off to her big bedroom to see her husband there already snoring she lied down on her side of the bed and tried hard to fall asleep after minutes which seemed like hours of listening to the rain and the thunder she finally drifted off to sleep. The phone ringing waked Kate up. The sun was already shining through the big window and her husband was already off to work. Kate picked up the phone. "Hello?" Kate said groggily.

"Hello Kate," It was a woman she was crying. "On James' way to work he tried to avoid a car accident and he swerved into the opposite lane and hit an oncoming car." The woman sobbed.

"What?" Kate screamed as she violently threw the phone back onto the receiver. "No! How could this happen what was once a perfect life was now turned upside down and is a living hell. Tears were pouring down her face, she screamed of anger

Someone had been shaking her; she shut her eyes "Stop! No!" She opened her overlarge eyes and looked around she was back in her bedroom, it was still in the dead of night her husband was beside her shaking her.