Part 1 - The Storm

It was a bitter cold night and each gust of wind sent the salty sea to crash against the grey rocks. Almost all the residents of Little Blackley were sleeping. Hearing the crashing waves and howling wind in their dreams, as if these were the sounds of a peaceful lullaby.

All but two people were away from the safety of their warm comfortable beds. One was a middle aged man wrapped in a grey trench coat, woolen hat, and ragged gloves. Who was battling the wind with every small step, becoming more determined with every breath.

The other was a dainty little girl stood on the rocks on her tiptoes. Her white cotton night dress blowing in the wind. She looked ahead at the wild ocean before twirling on the spot with her arms held high. Giggling as she felt the wind in her blonde curls.

The man began to sprint in the direction of the giggles. Panic stricken as he caught sight of his niece playing so close to the edge of the ocean in the howling wind.

"OLIVIA BE CAREFUL DON'T MOVE YOU'LL FALL IN!" He bellowed but the girl did not stay still. Instead she twirled around and around on her toes giggling louder.

"Don't be silly Uncle Joey, I'm the perfect dancer, I'll never ever fall in," she spoke in a musical voice turning to face her uncle giving him a sweet smile.

Only this wasn't the innocent smile you would expect from the dainty blonde little infant. There was no denying that the young girl was unbelievably beautiful but there was something wrong about her smile.

Something about the way her sharp green eyes sparkled against the pitch black sky like emerald rubies in a crown. Something about the way those little pearly-white milk teeth hung over her soft pink lips finishing in such a define point like deadly fangs.

The man named Joey stood wide eyed taking in the image of his young Niece with a mixture of fear and love. Only his fear was not of those sharp fangs but fear of what would become of this beautiful child.

-x-