Chapter 9: And now it begins...

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, there was a flash of pink, and spikes began to erupt all around Gamagori's uniform. Gamagori was yelling in pain, running around trying to escape. The spikes kept growing larger and larger, until Ryuko tore out of the uniform. "Senketsu Senjin!" Ryuko yelled, her Kamui now covered in spikes (skip to 1:33 in the video if you're using it). "You don't have enough energy to transform into your Scourge Regalia, do ya?!" Ryuko yelled. "Now your life fibers are totally exposed!" She pointed out, charging him and doing her finishing move. "Sen-i-soshitsu!" She yelled, the uniform exploding off of Gamagori. Ryuko absorbed multiple life fibers. The crowd was cheering loudly. Y/N jumped down to the platform. "Ryuko, you're a god damn genius" Y/N said. She went in for a hug, but Y/N backed away. "You might want to get rid of those spikes first" Y/N said laughing. "Oh, yeah" Ryuko said, letting out a giggle. She transformed into her base state and gave Y/N a hug. "It wasn't my idea though, it was Senketsu's idea" Ryuko admitted. "I figured, if Goku Uniforms could transform twice, why couldn't I?" Senketsu explained. "I love when you think out of the box like that" Ryuko said. "You see that, Satsuki Kiryuin?! 1 down, and 3 to go!" Ryuko yelled. "Correct, although you won't be fighting the next one" Inumuta said, walking down the stairs. "I'm challenging Y/N." 

"Are you gonna be ok for this one?" Ryuko asked. "I'll be fine. No need to worry about me" Y/N responded. Ryuko went back to her pillar. Gamagori sat down next to Mako in the no-star section. "GET HIM INUMUTA!" Gamagori cheered. "Kick his butt, Y/N!" Mako yelled. "Aaaaaand... activating the noise canceler" Inumuta said, muting them. "Your Kamui transformations that I've observed have been interesting, though I've noticed that your heart rate elevated during Ryuko's fight with Gamagori" Inumuta said. "I hope that the stress of seeing your dear friend hurt won't inhibit your ability to fight." "I'll be fine" Y/N said. "Begin!" Satsuki yelled, signaling the start of the match. Inumuta transformed. "3-Star Goku Uniform. Probe Regalia" He said. The crowd started cheering. "Probe Regalia huh? It doens't look like much, but looks can be deceiving" Y/N said. "I hate this guy. He's creepy. It feels like he's stripping us down" Zandatsu said. "Odd way to put it, but I suppose you're right" Y/N said. Y/N transformed into his Kamui and drew his sword. He started swinging at Inumuta, but he only was able to hit him once. "You've gotten faster and stronger since last time" Inumuta said. "Looks like you might want to update your data" Y/N said. "The question is, how long can your body keep this up?" Inumuta asked. "Longer than you'll be able to survive me" Y/N shot back. Y/N was quickly proven wrong; He swung at Inumuta, but Inumuta suddenly vanished. "Huh? What the hell?" Y/N asked, confused. "He disappeared." "He didn't disappear" Zandatsu said. "It's-" "OPTICAL CAMOUFLAGE!" Y/N heard Gamagori yell. "Yeah... what he said" Zandatsu confirmed. "Huh... any ideas on how to beat him?" Y/N asked. "You tell me; it's your fight" Zandatsu retorted. "Keep that up, and next time will be Life Fiber Override instead of Life Fiber Synchronize" Y/N threatened. "I may have an idea" Zandatsu said. "You could stand in one corner, activate blade mode, then slash aimlessly at the air in hopes that you hit him" Zandatsu suggested. "But all he'd have to do is wait me out. You remember what happened when I tried blade mode on Sanageyama, right?" Y/N reminded him. "Oh yeah, good point" Zandatsu said. Suddenly, Y/N felt a strike on the back of his head. He turned around and began to slash wildly. All of his attacks missed, which prompted Inumuta to counterattack and land multiple blows on Y/N. Y/N was backed into a corner and nearly fell, but he wasn't going to lose that easily. Y/N ran to the center of the arena. "What are you doing? Do you have a plan?" Zandatsu asked. "I'm going for broke" Y/N whispered. "In blade mode, can you shift all of my power output into a single strike?" Y/N asked. "I probably could, but putting all of your power into a single attack is a reckless and unwise fighting strategy" Zandatsu responded. "Just trust me on this one" Y/N assured him. "Would it be any faster?" "It would, but the momentum of the strike wouldn't allow you to take another strike for a few seconds" Zandatsu responded. "Ok. Prepare the strike" Y/N said. Y/N held his sword up, ready to strike, and he waited. He tried to listen for where Inumuta could be, but he detected nothing. Suddenly, he felt a strike to his side. On cue, Y/N instantly swung to the source of the attack with his Free Blade Mode strike, with enough speed to catch Inumuta off guard. Y/N exited Blade Mode and saw Inumuta's camouflage wear off. He wasted no time rushing Inumuta and hitting him with a barrage of attacks. Y/N was getting ready to deliver the final blow, when suddenly... "Wait! Hold on!" Inumuta said. "I forfeit the match. You win." Everyone was shocked. "Wha- Why?" Y/N asked, confused. "I wouldn't want to lose all of the data that I've collected up to this point" Inumuta explained. "I don't care about winning." 'I wonder why Satsuki's allowing this' Y/N thought to himself. Inumuta walked away. Ryuko jumped down from her pillar and ran to Y/N.