Chapter Five

When I opened my eyes from my sleep I couldn't remember where I was. I blinked my eyes trying to get rid of the blurriness and I began to panic when I didn't recognize the place. It took me a few seconds before I remembered that I was in Cooper Lankford's trailer and I breathed out a sigh of relief. I stood from the couch I had been sleeping on and stretched which was followed by a yawn, I rubbed my neck where it had been hurting earlier and a pain shot through it, causing me to flinch. I reached into my jacket pocket to look at the clock on my phone and then I remembered that I had spilt my coffee on it earlier and I groaned in annoyance.

Deciding that I wasn't going to just sit around waiting for someone to come in I pulled my jacket closed around me and opened the door to the trailer. The moment the door flew open I was reminded of just how cold it was outside and I shuddered putting my hands into my pockets, I was tempted to just turn around and go back inside into the warmth but I decided against it. I stepped down onto the snow-covered ground and looked around. There were two people that looked like security guards standing at the far end of the trailers talking to one another and neither of them seemed to realize I was there so I made the long walk down to the film-set.

The park was getting quite busy now and people were walking around and having fun. I saw families and friends running around and laughing as they threw snowballs at each other and made snowmen. I stopped and watched them and I smiled somberly knowing that I wouldn't be as fortune as them to spend time with my own family during the Christmas season. It had been two years since I had seen my parents and my younger brothers and as each year went by it became more and more difficult to bear. No matter how often we discussed visiting one another and being together during the Holiday season we all knew that none of us had enough money to be able to travel, so we spent Christmas morning talking to one another on the phone and then I spent the rest of the day with Sophie, who refused to visit her family.

I thought about my family as I continued walking towards the set. Standing just outside the set was a barricade to block off the whole area to the general public, I could see three or four large groups of teenage girls standing around it talking excitedly to one another as they stood on their tiptoes trying to catch a glimpse of Cooper Lankford, I felt sorry for them. They probably had been waiting for the day that he turned up here to film so they could meet the superstar actor. They would probably stand out here in the freezing cold all day just hoping and waiting for Cooper Lankford to notice them and he wouldn't.

As I finally approached the entrance to the area I was greeted by a large, muscled, rather intimidating security guard. He stood with his arms folded and a stony look on his face as he looked down at me.

"This area is restricted. No general public is allowed passed this point."

His voice was deep and assertive.

"Well lucky for you I am not a part of the general public. I'm an extra on this film."

I said with a friendly smile on my face, not wanting to make him angry. He looked me up and down and then his gaze settled back onto my face.

"Nice try. I was not born yesterday. Step away from the area."

My smile fell and I began to explain the situation to him. Today just wasn't going to be my day obviously.