PROLOGUE

NICKY'S POV

I saw him today! And all the preparations and role playing in my mind when I'll actually saw him again just happen to vanish into thin air. After almost three years of not having a glimpse of him in flesh, I finally saw him.

I was such a loser. I was caught dead on my tracks by a mere glimpse of him.

What got into me? Nervousness. Yes, super. My heart felt like it was in a race with the seconds as I stand there watching him from a far. Excited? Yes. But I guess, not in a romantic way anymore. Maybe more of finally I can be able to gauge what I feel about him after all these years. Angry? A sigh of relief seemed to have washed over me. God has many ways to heal anger, indeed. I no longer feel any pain or hatred towards him. Resentment? Maybe. After all, he did hurt me. But I guess (and I've accepted) that I also have caused him pain. To what extent, that I do not know of.

That 'moment' really taught me that time could heal any wound. Cliche it may seem but now that I have experienced it myself, I can say that I am a living example to it. Thank God for that.

For almost three years, I have been living with what if's and if only's. But I never had the courage to confront him, demand him the answers on why we never worked out. Why he left me without any adieu? Was I not worth a single goodbye? Am I that bad to not even qualify for an explanation of our sudden falling apart? Though up to now I can't quite grasp the real reason why he suddenly stopped seeing, texting, and calling me, I all give it to rest. Seeing him made all that possible.

Maybe, just maybe, there are things better left unsaid...

-----

Wew! Finally, I've got the courage to publish this! Yehey!

I have been writing essays and short stories but they are mostly published on our school paper or on my Tmblr account. Unfortunately, most of them are just locked up in my notes or scratch papers in my room.

But! But! This one's I'm writing with my phone so please forgive its arrangement.

I write for my pleasure and I just have to write to relieve my stress from work. After all, writing is my stress balm!

Ciao! 💋