Presented to commemerate

"are you alright baby?"I look up at Calum and he looks concerned.

"yeah why?"

"it's just you've been staring out of that window for the last two hours?"

"I didn't notice the time I guess I was just thinking."

"about what?"

"well to be honest Shelley."

"my mom?"he looks disbelieving.

"yeah , I mean I know I never really liked her and we always argued but I feel sorry for her I mean , she's lost both her children."

"I know I was thinking I should go back, not forever just a week or so, I could take Annie then we could come back it gives you a break doesn't it?"he looks really upset as if it's not really what he wants but I can't ask him that outright.

"ok, well when are you going?"

"tonight."he looks adamant and I'm surprised.

"this was already planned?"

"no, it was just a thought I had earlier on."

I nod hugging him.

"I'm going to miss you."

And I mean it we've been together six months now and a week seems like a lifetime to be away from each other.

--

"I love you."I whisper in calums ear as we say goodbye he insists I am not coming to the airport.

"love you two."he mutters glancing past me.

"are you alright?"

"yeah I just think we should hurry up."

"ok well bye then."he pecks my lips quickly and walks away.

"see you soon, indigo I'll definitely miss you."Annie grins hugging me.

--

"have you heard from Calum?"Brenda asks at breakfast two days later and I'm surprised.

"no, he said he'd call so I thought yeah I shouldn't rush in and call you know he's visiting his mom."I feel slightly disappointed that he hasn't called but I have to give him space.

"are you going to enrol at school?"

"yeah I guess, I kind of have to."

"your a senior right, my niece she's the same age as you, you'll get along just swell and it will do you some good to have a girlfriend."

"yeah sure."I agree I really do need a friend to take my mind off of everything.

"great I'll get her over today?"

"cool."I pick up my bowl and put it in the sink.

Heading up the stairs I hear my phone blasting out my ringtown.

"hello?"I say breathless from running the rest of the way to my bed where my cellphone was left.

"hey it's Annie!"

"hey Annie how's it going?"

"yeah it's great , mom took us to a theme park and then we went to the beach, she got Calum the perfect new phone it's so cool an you can video chat people, like on yours I have a new iPod as well."

"so when do you get back?"

"well Calum has been texting dave like loads but don't say I said, we might stay longer, I miss you!"