Chapter One

"I cannot believe that I let you talk me into doing this."

I complained as my best friend Sophie and I walked our way through freezing cold Central Park at 6:30am on a Saturday.  This was definitely not the way I had imagined spending my first Saturday off from work in five months. But of course here I was freezing my arse off.

The only reason that I was even in this situation was because Sophie had somehow managed to convince me that working, as extras on films would be a fun activity for her and I to do together. Of course the truth was that she really wanted me to do this with her because she was too nervous to go and do it on her own. I wasn't the one who wanted to make a living in the Entertainment Industry but she was my best friend and it was my responsibility to support her with whatever she wanted to do in her life.

Sophie let out an annoyed sigh, "You won't be complaining when we come face-to-face with Cooper Lankford. You should be thanking me that you even get to be in the same area as him."

We had been told that we had landed a job on the set of Cooper Lankford's newest romantic comedy a week before and all I had heard non-stop everyday from Sophie was how incredible and amazing he was, like she had been friends with him for years.

Cooper Lankford was one of Hollywood's Hottest Up and Coming actors and he had been referred to on numerous occasions as the 'Actor of his Generation.' He had managed to capture the hearts of millions of people around the world and unfortunately he had managed to get Sophie to obsess over him as well. I couldn't deny that he was an attractive guy but Sophie had managed to take obsession to a whole other level.

"Sophie. We have been doing this now for a little over four months and we have been on six different movie sets with huge movie stars playing the leads and we haven't spoken to any of them. I doubt we will this time around."

I pulled my jacket closed around me and shoved my hands into my pockets trying to retain some sort of warmth as the icy cold air began to blow even more fierce. I groaned in frustration knowing that by the time we finished at the ice-skating rink in Central Park we would be human icicles.

"This is not worth freezing my arse off for... How much further do we have to walk anyway? It feels like we have been walking forever and I am pretty sure 80% of my body is frozen."

"Seth! Just stop complaining will you! We are nearly there. Look, you can see the whole production just over there in the distance."

"About damn time." I grumbled mainly to myself but from the glare that Sophie quickly gave me I knew she heard me.

We managed to slowly walk a few more feet, when I looked over at Sophie I noticed that she was starting to become nervous and anxious as she began breathing controlled breaths in and out. If I was being honest I was actually surprised that she hadn't began to freak out earlier. I placed a reassuring hand on one of her shoulders and she turned to face me.

"Soph, you are going to be great. You look incredible and you are incredibly talented and good at what you do so just relax and try to have fun."

She smiled at me and we hugged one another, I could feel the tension begin to leave her.

"Let's go and be in the background of a movie!"

I said with enthusiasm as I wrapped an arm around her shoulders, she responded by putting hers around my waist as we made the trek down to the film location.