Me: Yes. You're family. You can stay at my dads house. It's plenty of room.

Jaylen: OK.

We go to get in the car. Arman just let us talk while he waited for us to come and get in the car.

I pull out my phone to text my dad.

Me: Can you please make sure Amir is at the house? We'll be there in an hour or so.

Dad: Yeah he's already here.

Me: OK. Just don't let him go anywhere. I've got a surprise for him.

Jaylen: Bri, I'm so happy I found you.

Me: I am too. I've missed you so much.  You were one of the reasons I decided to go to school for psychology.

Jaylen: You've grown up so much. I still remember you being 6 and 7 years old running around the park playing and when you took your first steps when you were 1.

Me: Now I have a 6 year old.

Jaylen: You do?

Me: Yup. I named her Jalen, after you.

Jaylen: I can't wait to meet her. I bet she looks just like you.

Me: She actually looks more like her dad than me.

Jaylen: Is Arman her dad?

Me: No her dads name is Iman. I met Arman when Jalen was 3.

Jaylen: Arman, do you have any kids?

Arman: I have a son. He's 10.

Jaylen: Does Amir have any kids yet?

Me: Yeah. He has a daughter but her mom is a bitch and won't let him see her.

Jaylen: Why won't she let him see his daughter?

Me: She's mad because he broke up with her after finding out she was cheating on him when their baby was about 3 months old. She's 3 now.

Jaylen: Wow that's not right. I still don't know why mom always kept your dad out of your life for so long.

Me: I don't either but grandma told him about me when I was 12 and he's been a big part of my life ever since then. He took in Amir as one of his own sons too.

Jaylen: Your dad was the only one of moms boyfriends that I actually liked.

Me: When I moved with him, my whole life changed. I did so much better in school and I joined my aunties dance team.

Jaylen: You was a dancer?

Me: Yeah. I still am. I work at my clinic two days a week and the other days I'm in the dance studio choreographing dances and making dance videos.

Jaylen: What kind of dancing do you do?

Me: I can show you a video.

Jaylen: OK.

Jaylen: How long have you been dancing?

Me: Since I was 12. I danced on the team in college too.

Jaylen: How can you dance like that with those shoes on?

Me: I just practiced a lot. And I have pretty good balance.

Jaylen: I never had no type of rhythm so I can't dance. You remember that one time at grandmas house when I was trying to dance like Michael Jackson and I backed up into grandmas glass table and fell on top of it?

Me: Yeah and you got in trouble cause she had already told you to sit down like 3 times.

Jaylen: I still got the mark from where the glass cut me on my left arm too.

Me: Yeah you had to get like 10 stitches.

Jaylen: That shit was painful.

Me: I know it was cause you was crying the whole time we was at the hospital.

We talked the whole ride back to Jackson and Jaylen got to know Arman more and they getting along pretty good.

When we finally made it back, we got out the car and went in.

I go in the living room first and that's where Amir is with the rest of our brothers and sisters.

Me: Amir, I think you should sit down.

Amir: Why?

Me: So that you don't pass out and hit your head on the floor when you see your surprise.

He just nods his head and sits down.

I lookout in the hallway and wave at Jaylen to come in.

When Amir sees him, he starts crying.

Jaylen walks over to him and hugs him.

Jaylen: Amir. Aye bro, stop allat crying man.

Amir: Fuck. It is you Jaylen.

Jaylen: Yeah it's me.

They hug each other for the longest time.

We introduce Jaylen to everybody and my dad told him that he could stay here.

I went in the kitchen and started helping mama and the rest of the girls cook for tomorrow while we left the guys in the front talking.

I texted Aria to see what time they were coming this afternoon and to see if she got the other onesies that I had asked her to pick up for me.

She did and she said that they were on their way.

When they got here, I introduced Jaylen to everyone. Mani was so excited to meet him.

My auntie D is here too and she wanted me to e the feature in the teams next dance competition in a couple weeks. She knows that I would love nothing more than to do it but I can't really dance right now.

Me: Auntie, I would but I can't.

Auntie D: OK.

I was so surprised she didn't question me as to why.

I got the other girls together to see the shirt that they got made for me and then we also had to put together the bag for Arman.

They did and it's amazing.

This Thanksgiving is definitely going to be one that I remember for the rest of my life.
_____________________________________
Chapter 16 coming soon