Time Skipper [YoungWriterShortStory] [Updated]

Start from the beginning

Because of this differences in strength, the remaining nation establishes another international alliance called ERDE, with their military unit Fuchs or literally fox. I'm one of the leading forces standing in the front line in battle in Jakarta, fighting for justice.

But you know... I know that I'm a man, but deep down. I'm just a boy that doesn't have enough courage to sacrifice my own lives, afraid of taking risks, and still childish. So why I must fight on the front line? Why I have to bear this responsibility? Why... Have I been trusted? Or Am I too full of myself?

Yeah, maybe that's it. I'm just a sacrifice. – A mere bait –

+++

War has taken a colossal amount of lives, only the lucky one, not the strong one who has survived. Because it's just a one-sided massacre. I'm scared seeing blood and the dying smile of my friends – My brothers. My shoulder struck by a 7.65x51 sniper bullet, surprisingly It just grazed my subclavian artery, but the impact itself has rendered my right arm useless. I have moved to the base hospital at center Jakarta and treated well there. But why do I survive? Why has fate chosen me instead of the other?

10 Years later

August 16, 2070

After a prolonged war, I was working as the assistance of a war strategist, my injury prevents me to battle at the front line. I was once invited back to the military to become a commander and offered mechanical arm support so I could potentially fight again. But I reject it.

"I think this is the time for me to retire." I think on my way home after work.

Before arriving at my home, I have to walk a narrow alley with a little bit of light from street lamp at the end of the road. It's like you could possibly attack at any time, but that's not gonna happen. This area is under the jurisdiction of National Intelligence. Nobody could enter this area of town except the one with an ID card. If there's human without an ID card, they would immediately detect by the satellite. Oh wait, there's someone tapped my shoulder hard. As I turn around my body and recognize 2 tall men wearing black trench coat and masks.

"Good night mister."

They shut my face using a handkerchief that already wetted with chloroform. I slept so long.

+++

I woke up, my eyes hurt. So bright, 2 round lamps to illuminate me. My hands, my foot, and my body tied to a camp bed. Suddenly two men wearing green scrubs, holding purple liquid inside a syringe. I was utterly awake because of that.

"Hey hey, what do you want?!" I keep struggling on the bed.

They didn't say a word, making me more and more scared. With no feelings, they inject me with the liquid. I'm screaming until I passed out because of fatigue.

+++

The next day my head seems scrambled. Wait... Who... Am I....

I'm Standing in front of a person wearing the clothes that I recognize. "The Evanescent"

"Who are you?" He said

"I don't know."

"For what do you live?"

"Kill"

"Who is your enemy?"

"Everyone except the Evanescent"

"For whom do you fight?"

"For Evanescent"

"Good, you are ready," he smirked. "Now let's go to the training room."

+++

I walked through a dark cave, and I arrived at a vast circular Hall. You could see some person in the second room behind the glass seems like drinking and chatting, looking at me from above probably. And now I am surrounded by so many armored people, fully equipped army. But not like before – I don't feel fear. All of them aimed their guns at me waiting for a command.

"Hold!" Shout the person at the top of the room

My heartbeat rises, knowing there's a danger approaching.

"Shoot!"

*BANG*

All of their bullets flying to me.

"SKIP," I said that at the last moment by instinct.

Miraculously, all of their bullets already flying through me hitting the wall behind me. And then one of the people that shoot me comes. I think he is one with high authority around here. He pats my shoulder.

"You are ready." He said.

"Yes," I replied.

+++

I walked into the deployment unit on a plane. Flying to a designated location. Assigned to fight for them. I will fight my own kin, my brother... wait... brother...

"Stop it," My head said.

"Ugh" I curled down in pain, holding my head.

"Are you alright?" Said, someone at my right.

My eyes opened. My memories come back.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Yeah," I said while quickly deploying HE grenade throwing it and in the last second. "SKIP"

*BOOM!*

I'm already falling through the sky as I watched the explosion of the plane on top of me.

"Ski–, "I closed my eyes. "No, let's try this." I opened my eyes "Time skip – Backwards."

My body feels like being torn to pieces, making an unbelievable pain that was spreading fast throughout my body. It doesn't last long.

"Sigh... Sigh... Sigh..."

"I'm gonna kill you if I got punished because of you."

"What?! Not again... Wait, can this even possible" I closed my eyes. "Time skip – end."

"Hey hey, what's wrong with you? Wayne? Wayne? Wake up, bro!"

My vision turned from dark to white.

"Is this heaven?"

-The End-