Chapter 6: The Kendo Master

Start from the beginning

Ryuko began to whisper something to Senketsu. Y/N smiled smugly. "You know what the interesting thing about you guys is?" Y/N said to the elite 4 members. "You guys could easily win most of your battles, but you always decide to explain how you're going to win. Like here for example, Sanageyama decided to explain how his Tengantsu worked. Now he's going to lose" Y/N taunted. "Bullshit, Ryuko hasn't made any progress towards winning since the start of this match. What makes you so confident all of a sudden?" Nonon asked. "Just watch, I don't want to ruin the surprise" Y/N responded. They watched as Ryuko's scissor blade cut Senketsu, and flaps of Senketsu flew to cover all of Sanageyama's eyes. "Ahh! My eyes!" Sanageyama yelled, frantically trying to get Senketsu off of his eyes. "Let's finish this!" Ryuko said. "Finishing move! Seni Soshitsu!" Ryuko yelled, slicing Sanageyama's uniform and absorbing the life fibers. Nonon looked with a bored expression on her face. "Oh bummer, he up and lost" she said, deadpan. Y/N chuckled. "Looks like you know why Satsuki said she didn't need to be here" he taunted. Mako started yelling about how great Ryuko was, but Sanageyama stood up. "I'm not done yet! I can still fight you!" He declared, but his bravado was cut short by the sound of whips hitting him repeatedly. 

"YOU'RE PATHETIC, UZU SANAGEYAMA!" Gamagori yelled, repeatedly whipping him. "YOU HAVE DISGRACED THE ELITE 4!" 

Back at Mako's house, Ryuko and Y/N were getting ready for bed. "I can't believe that plan to blind Sanageyama actually worked" Ryuko said. "Yeah, although getting cut kind of hurt" Senketsu chimed in. "Sorry about that" Ryuko said. "Hey, it's fine, if we hadn't beat Sanageyama, I wouldn't be enjoying this ironing" Senketsu reassured her. "Not to mention, you probably would have suffered much worse than just a cut if the elite 4 got their hands on you" Y/N reminded him. "True" Senketsu agreed. "Yo, Y/N" Zandatsu spoke up (you can imagine any voice for Zandatsu, but I recommend imagining a Ryan Reynolds voice). "How come we never get to fight cool fights like that?" "We don't need to go picking fights if you want to know what if feels like to get cut" Y/N joked, drawing his sword. "Yeah, I'm good, thanks" Zandatsu responded. They ironed their uniforms and then lay down on the floor next to everyone else. "If Sanageyama was that easy to beat, how difficult could the other ones be to beat?" Ryuko asked. "I wouldn't get cocky if I were you. You beat Sanageyama by outsmarting him, which might be a bit difficult to do with that Inumuta guy" Y/N reminded her. "Yeah, you might be right" Ryuko admitted. "Don't feel to bad though, you were great today" Y/N complimented. "Yeah, thanks" Ryuko said. They were both facing each other. Y/N put his arm over Ryuko and pulled her closer, then they both went to sleep. 

Ryuko P.O.V.

In the morning, Ryuko was brushing her teeth, when she saw a piece of paper on a post, that bore news of another challenge. A showdown between her and Sanageyama again. She immediately ran to the challenge site. "Didn't know losers got a second chance around here, though what do I know?" Ryuko taunted. "Guess Satsuki Kiryuin is going soft on us!" Satsuki looked down from atop the school. "Let's see how soft you think I am after this match." Sanageyama looked up at Ryuko. "I'm going to show you what happens when you force a man to change" he declared, before transforming. "3-star Goku Uniform, Blade Regalia Mk. II!" Sanageyama yelled out. "Be careful Ryuko, something feels different than before" Senketsu warned. "Then let's get this over with quickly" Ryuko decided, before transforming. "Life fiber synchronize, Kamui Senketsu!" Ryuko yelled. "Sorry Senketsu" Ryuko whispered, before cutting a piece from him again. His pieces began to cover all of Sanageyama's eyes again. Ryuko jumped at Sanageyama, ready to strike, but Sanageyama pointed a fist in her direction and fired out a bamboo sword. It hit her directly in the stomach and knocked her back. "Ryuko, look at his eyes!" Senketsu said, his flaps falling away from the eye holes. His eyes were sewn shut. "He has realized his mistake and sacrificed everything to beat you! Keep that in mind, Matoi!" Satsuki yelled. "En garde" Sanageyama said, walking toward Ryuko. Ryuko looked up at him with fear in her eyes. "This is definitely nothing like last time" she said to herself. Sanageyama began to strike at her. "Men, Dou, Kote!" He would yell. She was only barely able to parry his strikes. "You're way to accurate for a blind guy!" Ryuko commented. "You're getting scared, I can tell by the sound of your breathing" Sanageyama pointed out. "I can see more clearly than I ever could with my eyes. I can see everything!" Sanageyama declared. "Shingantsu" Satsuki explained. "The eyes of the mind. With his eyes sewn shut, he's even more in sync with his uniform." Sanageyama went back to beating up Ryuko. "MEN DOU KOTE!" He kept yelling. "He has acquired the power of Shingantsu" Satsuki declared. "Now, no matter who he faces, none can evade his attacks!" He smacked Ryuko so hard that she went flying and crashed against the ground with enough force to break the ground apart. She used a strand of Senketsu to grab her scissor blade out of the air, and she tried to hit Sanageyama with her scissor blade, but he disappeared and reappeared behind her. "I already told you, I can see everything" Sanageyama reminded her. He went back to beating her into a pulp. Ryuko yelled in pain as she was repeatedly hit. 'I should have told Y/N about the match. I wish he was here' Ryuko thought to herself. She received one last hit to the head, then her knees crumpled beneath her, and she fell to the ground. Sanageyama was about to deliver the finishing blow, when he noticed a sheath flying in his direction. He easily dodged out of the way, then shifted his attention to the source of the pipe. "You can't sneak up on me, Y/N" he said. "Oh, spare me the details, I heard about your new power on my way here" Y/N shot back. "I just threw that to get your attention." Ryuko only had a moment to feel glad that Y/N had arrived, before she fell unconscious. 

Y/N P.O.V.

Y/N woke up that morning, but he didn't see Ryuko anywhere. He walked around the house looking for her, but his search came to an end when he saw the poster for Sanageyama's challenge. 'She went without me' Y/N realized. 'Probably doesn't matter though, she was able to beat him last time. I wonder why Satsuki is giving him a 2nd chance though.' Y/N started running toward the challenge site, as he listened to the battle on the speakers. His heart sank as he started to hear the details of Sanageyama's new power, and the sounds of Ryuko losing. He doubled his speed. He arrived just as Sanageyama was about to deliver the finishing blow, so he threw his sheath to get Sanageyama's attention. He walked toward Sanageyama, ready to fight.

Sanageyama was quick, far quicker than Y/N had expected. He began swinging at him from multiple directions, Y/N was barely able to parry his strikes. "Zandatsu, I think we're going to need to get reckless. Any ideas?" Y/N asked. "Hmm... I've got an awesome idea" Zandatsu responded. "It'll let you swing fast enough to parry his attacks, maybe even enough to get some of your own strikes in, but there's a catch" "Oh?" Y/N asked. "I have to divert all of my power to your arms, which means you won't be able to move your legs that much" Zandatsu explained. "Whatever it takes" Y/N responded. "Ok, initiate Blade Mode!" Y/N yelled, big red letters appearing that spelled "Blade Mode." Y/N began swinging rapidly from side to side, parrying all of Sanageyama's attacks, even making a few strikes of his own. Y/N began to tire out after a while, so he deactivated blade mode and tried to retreat. Unfortunately, Sanageyama anticipated this, and struck at him when he tried to run. He began to beat up Y/N the same way he beat up Ryuko, yelling "Men Dou Kote!" Repeatedly. Y/N found himself backed into a corner, when he noticed that Sanageyama wasn't walking toward him. "My match is with Ryuko, so I intend to finish that match" Sanageyama explained, making his way toward Ryuko. "If you lay a hand on her again, I'll-" Y/N started, charging toward Ryuko before getting hit by one of Sanageyama's swords. "You'll what? Do the same thing you've been doing?" Sanageyama taunted. Y/N felt helpless, just like when he was young. He was backed into a corner with no way out, no way to help anyone. He got up and started running toward Ryuko, only to be met with more bamboo. He didn't stop running though, he continued in spite of the pain, and stood in front of Ryuko. He could only endure so much however, before he fell to the ground as well.

Ryuko P.O.V.

Ryuko woke up to the sight of Y/N's lifeless body lying on the ground in front of her. She let out a soft cry, she had dragged him into this. 'If only I had told him about the match, we could have fought together. Then maybe we'd have won.' Suddenly, there was a flash, and Sanageyama transformed back into his normal state. "What the hell happened?!" Sanageyama asked. "Your uniform overheated" Iori explained. Ryuko wasted no time grabbing Y/N and getting out of the school as quickly as she could. She made it into the sewers beneath Honno-city. She lay down Y/N beside her, and she collapsed against the wall. Y/N woke up. "Huh, guess the elite 4 aren't messing around" Ryuko said. "Don't worry, I'm sure we can beat them next time" Y/N reassured her. "We just need to fight together." "Yeah, sorry about not telling you" Ryuko said. "That's ok, I understand that you thought you could beat him on your own" Y/N responded. "Even so, I'm not sure that we would have been able to beat him together" Ryuko said. "But I won't give up until I find out who killed my dad." "Let's go home, Ryuko" Y/N said.

Satsuki P.O.V.

Satsuki had finished talking to Sanageyama about what had happened. "Lady Satsuki" Inumuta adressed her. "I found something on that boy who's been helping Ryuko out, that you might find interesting." "Oh?" Satsuki asked. "Yeah, his name is Y/N L/N. Does that last name sound familiar to you?" The rest of the elite 4 gasped in shock, even Satsuki was shocked to realize it. Minuado smirked and said "Now that *is* interesting."

A/N: So that was chapter 6. Sorry if I spent too much time rehashing parts from the anime without changing them much, but I feel like it's important to not gloss over too many details, otherwise it ruins the immersion. Anyways, post your thoughts in the comments section down below, and as always; Thanks for reading!