Chapter 4: To be Tardy is Unacceptable!

Start from the beginning

"AND BEGIN!" Gamagori yelled. 'Wait, he's done explaining everything? I probably should've listened...'  Y/N realized. The trio took off towards the obstacle course. 

"Hey Mako, I've got a quesiton." Y/N said. "Is the obstacle course like this every year? Or do they change it?"

"Uh, I think-"

"Help!" a voice called out. They looked and saw a girl lying on the ground with a broken arm. "Please, help me!"

"Calm down, we'll help ya." Ryuko reassured her. A piece of debris from the upside-down road suddenly fell towards them. Y/N quickly activated his Kamui and sliced the debris in half, sending the 2 pieces flying away from them. "What the hell?"

"That was so cool!" Mako explained. 

"Yeah, thanks..." Y/N panted. He walked over to the injured girl. "What's your name?"

"I'm Maiko Ōgure," she responded. Y/N grabbed her hand and helped her to her feet. 

"Ryuko, think you can handle this obstacle course without Senketsu?" Y/N asked.

"Maybe," Ryuko replied. 

"I don't think these 2 are gonna make it on their own." Y/N pointed out. "It'd probably be easier for us to carry 'em."

"Alright." Ryuko agreed. "I've got Maiko." Y/N nodded and Mako got on his back.

"Yay, piggy-back ride!" Mako exclaimed. Y/N sighed and they continued onward. 

As they were walking over a rope bridge, Maiko suddenly fell and grabbed Ryuko's pants, pulling them down to her knees. 'Must not stare...'  Y/N thought. He successfully looked away, but the rope bridge suddenly started to collapse. Y/N jumped and caught the ledge, then vaulted himself and Mako up. He looked around for Ryuko and saw her dangling from her scissor blade. She had stabbed it into the wall over a pit of lava. 'Lava? How in all the hells did Satsuki get lava?!'  "Mako! Grab my legs!" Y/N said. Mako grabbed his legs and dangled him over the side of the bridge. He reached down and pulled Ryuko up to the ledge. The both collapsed and panted for a few seconds. 

"Thanks," Ryuko panted. Y/N gave a thumbs up. 

"Shouldn't be too far to the courtyard from here," Y/N panted. 

They arrived at the courtyard with only a few minutes to spare. "Finally!" Y/N exclaimed, letting Mako off his back. They suddenly saw Guts running up with Senketsu.

"I don't feel so well..." Maiko groaned. She collapsed, but grabbed Ryuko's pants along the way/ Guts got a nosebleed and crashed into Maiko, who grabbed Senketsu and began to chuckle. "You shouldn't have let your guard down, Ryuko." 

"Maiko?" Y/N asked. 

"You all fell for it! I'm actually the head of the trap development committee!" Maiko explained. "I've spent my time working for Lady Satsuki here, but I've always hated it! Always answering to her, I wanna knock her down a peg, but I can't challenge Lady Satsuki... or at least I couldn't!"

"The hell are you talking about?!" Y/N asked, drawing his sword.

"The only way I could challenge Lady Satsuki would be to have a Kamui as powerful as hers!" Maiko explained. "With this Kamui, I could overthrow her! She'd have to bow to me!" Y/N started to laugh.

"How'd an idiot like you end up in charge of anything?" Y/N asked. 

"What the hell do you mean?!" Maiko growled.

"You're an idiot if you think you can beat Lady Satsuki, Kamui or no." Y/N explained. "You can't even beat me."

"Oh? Wanna back that up?!" Maiko challenged. 

"Gladly," Y/N said, walking towards her.

"Well go ahead then! Transform and we'll see who's an idiot!" Maiko yelled.

"Oh, I won't be transforming," Y/N said. 

"Huh? Why not?!" Maiko asked. 

"Because," Y/N said, smirking. "I don't need to transform to beat you."

"Grrr, I don't care how strong you think you are!" Maiko yelled. "You still can't beat me without transforming!"

"Then go ahead and kill me right now." Y/N challenged her. "But of course you can't, since Kamui only multiply the talent someone already has."

"W-what's your point?!" Maiko asked.

"You've got no talent." Y/N explained. "Hell, you're even wearing the damn thing upside down." Maiko looked down, realizing that he was right.

"Big deal! I still feel its power!" Maiko spat. Maiko charged at Y/N and tried to punch Y/N, but Y/N sidestepped her punch and sheathed his sword. As Maiko turned around, Y/N smacked her in the stomach with his sheathed sword, causing her to grab her stomach and fall back. 

"MAIKO ŌGURE!" a voice echoed across the courtyard. Gamagori stomped over to Maiko. "I HEARD YOUR PLAN TO OVERTHROW SATSUKI WITH UNDERHANDED METHODS! SUCH INDISCIPLINE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!" Gamagori took out his whip and beat Maiko out of her transformation. 'Huh, never thought I'd be happy to see this guy,'  Y/N thought. Ryuko retrieved Senketsu. Gamagori left, presumably to go punish some other poor sucker. They tried to enter the school, but they just hit a wall. 

"What the hell?!" Y/N yelled. 

"It's a damn trick!" Ryuko yelled. 

"How are we going to make it in time now?!" Mako asked. "We only have 1 minute!" Ryuko quickly put on Senketsu.

"Activate your Kamui, Y/N!" Ryuko instructed. They both activated their Kamui. "This way!" They all ran down to the gondola station.

"Hey! You guys aren't allowed to use the gondola!" a 2-star student yelled. 

"Out of our way!" Y/N yelled, drawing his sword. The student gulped and stepped aside. Ryukoran the gondola at top speed, causing it to fly off the rails and crash into their homeroom with only a few seconds to spare.

A/N: Yeah, this chapter wasn't that different from this episode in the actual show. I just thought I'd include this moment from the show so that you guys weren't confused about me not including this part. I did try to make it a little different, with a couple of demonstrations of Y/N skill with his sword, as well as him beating up and taunting Maiko. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed chapter 4, you can definitely expect the next chapter to have more differences from the anime. Leave your thoughts in the comments. Thanks.