Chapter IV: Well a Witch

Aletheia

Saturday came quickly, with few things to distract Aletheia. Atalanta didn't talk about her detention and Aletheia didn't want to push her. Sirius got an E on his exam, which he was very excited about. Remus got an O, naturally. He said that he and Lily Evans were also invited to join the Slug Club on Saturday. Aletheia wasn't sure she really wanted to third wheel with Remus and Atalanta, but then she remembered that Atalanta wasn't interested in Remus, at least that she had told Aletheia. 

It was a formal event, so Alethia picked something nice to wear. As she was putting it on, she couldn't help but think that, or hope that, Sirius might see her on the way and compliment her. She shook the thoughts away and continued getting ready. She did her makeup as a magical curling iron curled her hair. It was a nifty invention her dormmate managed to come up with. All the girls in her dorm room were going to the slug club meeting, which wasn't unheard of for Ravenclaws. A few of the boys were going as well. It seemed the entirety of Ravenclaw house was going to be there. 

"You look great, Ale!" Sofia Cornwell squealed with glee. 

"Are you dressing up for someone special?" Zenna Quill asked with a wink. 

"Stop, you guys." Aletheia blushed. 

"I know that Lupin will be there," Cleo Senatra said, waving wrinkles out of her dress with her wand. 

"Yeah, he will be," Aletheia said. "What about it?"

"You'd be a cute couple!" Danyelle Valentine said with a smile, stabbing her wand into her hair to keep her bun up. 

"Oh no, Remus is just a friend," Aletheia said, returning to her makeup. 

"A very good friend," Sofia giggled. Aletheia rolled her eyes and flicked her wand. The pillow on Sofia's bed flew up and smacked her in the back of the head. "Ow!" 

"Suck it up, Sof," Zenna said with a laugh. "Anyway, I just can't wait to see what your grungy sister scrounged up for tonight." 

Aletheia laughed. 

"You'd be surprised, Zen. When Ata wants to, she dresses up like an angel." 

"Atalanta, an angel? Please." 

"Don't make fun of my sister," Aletheia said. The iron in her hair dropped a curling iron and pointed itself menacingly at Zenna. 

"Ale, what have I said about threatening people with Danyelle's inventions?" Cleo asked, hands on her hips. Aletheia sighed. 

"Not to do it." 

"And Zen, what have I said about making fun of Atalanta?"

"Don't do it unless you want to be threatened by Aletheia."

"Right. Why don't you two listen to me more often?" 

"Guys!" Sofia jumped off the bed, checking the watch on her wrist. "We need to go!" 

"Alright. I'm done. We can leave." 

Aletheia didn't run into Sirius on the way to the Slug Club meeting. She was only slightly disappointed. She and her three friends stepped into the meeting. Everyone was already there except them and, of course, Atalanta. Aletheia set her jaw as she sat down beside Remus.