chapter 2

Alex's POV.

I will kill anyone that harms my mate. ANYONE. Just after turning 17 I find out she's my mate. My better half, soul mate. I fell in love instantly as I saw her last week. I've been trying to work on our 'Friend' thing.... I wanted things to move at a faster pace but I knew that wouldn't go well with Michelle. I wonder if she feels the sparks. Everytime I'm around her or brush by her I feel them. That was one of the reasons I knew she was my mate. First her alluring sent hit my nose, sweat honey nectar and peaches, the electric shocks when I see her touch her or if I'm close to her. She doesn't seem to know I'm a wolf or that I'm her mate. I hate the fact that she wont even tell me who has been hurting her feelings. But were making progress. Good right? I ran my fingers through my hair nervously. When will she accept me??

"Son you look like a scared kitten. What's bothering you?" My father asks me. I stare at the wall just past his face.

"Nothing dad." I reply keeping a straight face. I nervously run my hand throgh my hair trying to make it seem nonchalant. My dad frowned and stared at me for awhile.

"What's wrong alex? You never act this jittery and nervous. Heck, you act like you found your mate." My dad said chuckling softly. I gulped. Is it that obvious. I played with a pillow on the couch I sat on.

"Uhmm."

"You found your mate?!? Who is she? Does she know? Is she a wolf too?" He asks. I shrug.

"Yes. Michelle parker... no and no." I reply without missing a beat. I watch as my dad's, the alpha of the pack as his eyes grow wide.

"I want to meet this girl."

"Dad... she barely thinks of me as a friend let alone a mate. It would terrify her."

"Son she should knoe by now. Things are just going to get worse if you two don't mate soon. If you thought it was bad now not being able to touch her... it will be hell in a couple of weeks." I winced at his words. My body started to get warm. I felt a buzz sweep through my spine. I gasped for air. It felt like someone was kivking the air out of my lungs. Falling to the ground I start to howl.

"Alex your making your first change!" I hear my father say faintly. Fading in and out of control I grip the carpet under me. My legs and arms grew. I shifted and tossed everywere like a fish out of water. I could feel fire rippling in my soul spreading to my skin as I grew fur. Warmth surrounded me. Slowly I came back to reality. A howl escaped my lips. I was completely a wolf. All of a sudden I felt myself changing back to human. I cried in pain as I shidted from human to wolf , back and forth.

"Alex can you try and sit up for me? The wolf doctor is here." He will talk you through this... he can't physically help because you are an alpha." Pushing myself up I gripped my knees and howled once more. It felt like I was being engulfed by acid.

"He needs his mate..." someone murmured.

"She doesn't know yet...

"She needs to know now or else the pain will be even mor e excruciating than when you first shifted."