TAWoG》The fight

Darwin lied down on the couch while his father sat next to him. It's been a week since the fight with Tobias, who is now arrested and sent to juvie. And Darwin felt as if the ex-boyfriend of Penny wasn't done with his deed. He wanted more revenge after his break up with Penny. But Darwin felt safe in the hands of his family. Gumball, who had visited Penny just two days ago, finally got his date with the girl of his dreams.

     Darwin slowly shifted on the couch. The bruises he had on his body slowly healed within a week, and he is able to get up and move around. But the black eye is easy to spot from a distance. His father moved a little for his son to get up with no pain. Watching his kid slowly move towards the kitchen to grab a drink of water and maybe a small snack. Darwin also knew if he sat down next to his father, the snack would be gone within a second. So he just ate it in the kitchen.

     The front door opened. Gumball came walking in with a smile on his face. This smile had an expression that something good happened. Darwin sat back down on the couch as the pain sprung right up him. The father didn't ignore his son's small cries as the pain slowly increased. Their mother finally arrived home right after Gumball did. She looked a bit down; not upset. I'm just tired. Gumball, who is in the mood at the moment, started to bother his mother.

     "Hi Mom. I was wondering what we'll be doing today? I wanted to go somewhere." Gumball said, following his mother into the kitchen. She stopped, making Gumball stop and stare at her. The looks on his mother's face gave a sign that she wanted in the mood for anything and just wanted to sit back and sleep. Gumball, on the other hand, was the mood and planned on doing something.

     "I don't know. I had a stressful day, and I'd like to sit back and sleep. I need my time alone, Gumball." She spoke, pulling out a fork from a small bag and placing it in the sink.

     "Maybe go out with your father. Actually. Take Darwin outside and give him some fresh air. He's been sitting on that couch all day and looks like his father." She stretches out her arms. "Now, if you don't mind me. I'm heading to bed." Gumball watched as his mother stepped up the first flight of stairs and then disappeared on in the middle of the stairs. She rushed herself upstairs to get away from her kids.

     Darwin, who had heard their conversation, nodded his head to Gumball. He knew what Gumball wanted to do. "Penny's place?" He questioned him. But Gumball shook his head no. That was a shock to Darwin, but he also knew he had just hanged out with her today.

     "I was thinking of, more like walking around outside. Get some fresh air and talk." Gumball said, helping his brother up. "And maybe go get some ice cream." Darwin looked to be exited. His brother and him never even got to do any of this stuff together. The only thing he ever gets to do is talk to him and sit around all day.

     Gumball opened the door as Darwin slowly walked outside into a nice and sunny day. The sun shined down on the poor kid, trying to block the light from his eyes. Gumball was right behind his brother, helping him out as they walked down the sidewalk to the game store.

     "So. Gumball... how was Penny's place?" Darwin asked, limping just a bit. "I haven't seen her for a while and was just wondering how you two have been." Gumball didn't say a word. He just kept walking by Darwin's side. "What about the relationship between you two?"

     Gumball spoke, "it's going great! Her and I are really connected in some way. I'm starting to get to know her better than just friends...." Darwin stared at Gumball.

     "Not in that way! Like, things I didn't know about her. I never knew she liked to draw in her free time. And her father, oh man! He keeps an eye on us twenty-four seven." Darwin made a small sigh of relief.

     "So, why can't I go and visit her? We're just friends, Gumball. It's not like I was going to steal your girl." Darwin laughed awkwardly, knowing he messed up. But Gumball, on the other hand, ignored his brother, not wanting to start a fight. But the words bugged Gumball I inside his mind. He wanted to do something. His brother was already in pain, hurting from the last fight he had with Tobias. Instead, Gumball pushed Darwin into the back alley and told him to sit down. Darwin did what Gumball said.

     "Look, Darwin. I feel like you just want to get between me and my girlfriend. I don't wanna lose her. Not again. But if you decide to get between us. I'll have to take it in my own hands and show you what a bad time looks like." Darwin shivered, knowing he was going to mess up somehow. And if he took one step towards Penny. Things will go downhill, crashing his world and ruining his life with his friends and family. Darwin didn't want that. He didn't want to do anything that could end up ruining his summer plans.

     "Gumball, listen. I'm her friend. I'm not a guy who goes out and steals people's girls." Darwin stopped, waiting for a response. The look on Gumballs' face gave Darwin a feeling like he had messed up.

     "Look, Darwin. I don't wanna tell you. But....I don't want you near her."

     "Oh, so that's how it is! You're gonna push her friends out of her life so you can have her for yourself. Because to me, you seem to be an overprotective boyfriend who doesn't put your friends and family first. And if you keep this up, you'll probably lose her once she finds out who you really are. You need to think Gumball. Being clingy and over dramatic isn't going to keep a good relationship. And right now, you're losing everyone you know." Darwin took a deep breath in and out, trying to control his breathing and his body that wouldn't stop shaking.

     "What! So you don't want me near her? I see what you wanna do. You want me to be separated from her so you can hit on her and take her from me. What kind of brother does that?" Gumball tapped his foot on the ground.

     "No! Excuse me, Gumball. But I was only trying to help you out. I don't need stuff shoved in my face saying things that I didn't even say. And why the hell would I go after someone else's girl when I know it's the wrong thing to do. All that does is start issues like this one. I know better than that." Darwin raised his voice, feeling the boiling water ready to burst open. But Gumball took the lid off of his, letting the water boil over too much.

     "Look here, you ungrateful brat! I adopted you and took you in when you were just a baby, and I can kick you out. You pushed my buttons too much, and now I'm putting my foot down. It's either you step back away from me and my girl or you're out of my family's house." Gumball stepped back, shocked at what he had said. He kept it all a secret from Darwin about his adoption. But somehow, Darwin already knew.

     "You didn't adopt me. Your parents did. They have the choice to kick me out, not you. So it's either you agree with me knowing you're taking things too far or I'll tell the family the truth about your actions." Darwin was grinning at the plan. He didn't want to do this. Not to his family. But Gumball took it to the next level. He grabbed his brother, slamming him against the wall as he screamed to the top of his lungs.

     "What am I supposed to do if you take her from me. I'll kill you and take her back. I'm not losing anyone who is important to me and deserves me more than you. And right now, you pushed me to the extent of hurting you. And I don't wanna do that, Darwin." Darwin trembled in his hands. The grip on both shoulders were tightened to the point where he could feel his skin being pinched.

     "Why should I even call you my brother when you just wanna budge between me and my life? Get out of here." Gumball threw him to the ground, making Darwin pull his legs up in the air, kicking his brother in the face. Gumball stepped back, holding his noes as blood poured down to the floor. Not too much blood, but Darwin did seem like he did too much damage. Darwin took off, ignoring the pain he had from the last fight. All he wanted to do was get home.

     He could feel the blood on his leg and the side of his face by the time he got home. He just wanted to sleep and feel like nothing bad had happened at all. But the thought about his family going against him was roaming around in his mind. He stepped into his fish bowl, dozing off into a small sleep.