Chapter One His Scent

Kasey's P.O.V.

I groaned as the light shined in between the trees. I sat up realizing I was naked and quickly reached for my clothes. I always make sure to take off my clothes before I turn so that they don't get ripped in the process. It has happened to me before and it was bad. 

I looked up into the sunlight just happy to know that I made it out of the concert without turning, but sad that I missed the last half. I stood up getting dressed now when I heard a gunshot. I quickly pulled on my teel dress and ran. I looked behind me and saw in the distance a man with a gun. Is that gun pointed at me? I thought as I turned my head back. I didn't have enough time to make it out so I climbed the nearest tree and held on for dear life. I pulled myself higher into the branches where he wouldn't be able to see my feet. 

"Where did you go little squirrel?" He asked. Did he think I was a squirrel? "Damn I missed it again. That squirrell gets away everytime I come out here." I looked through the branches as the old bearded man walked away. That was a close one I thought I was going to be dead meat or end up being disected in a science lab. I made sure he was long gone before I came down from the branch and looked at my watch. Shit. I thought to myself I was going to be late for work. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Sorry I'm late Mrs. Kell!" I shouted through the wide bookstore. 

"It is alright dearie just don't let it happen again." She smiled. Mrs. Kell is the only friend I have beside my best friend Josh. Josh is a year younger then I am but I have known him since I was 4 years old. My mom has been life long friends with Josh's mom and for Josh's third birthday he had his first party. They are a nice family but I am a little jealous of how rich they are. Josh and his older brother Zack are completly spoiled. Even though Zack is in college he still get money sent to him by his parents. Zack and I were friends but not as close as Josh and I. When Zack went into high school hanging out with Josh and I was not considered cool, so that was when I realy came close with Josh. I know what you might be thinking but Josh and I never dated. We didn't even think about it, it would be to wierd! 

I snaped out of my daydream when I heard the bell ring on the door signaling that someone was here. "I am going to go and stock up the books in the teen section." I said to Mrs. Kell. She nodded and went on with her daily bussiness as I made my way to the teen section. I grabbed my card key and slid it on the door to the storage room, picking up a box labeled Young Adult. I brought back out until I heard a young head pop up over a bookshelf. "Can I help you with anything miss?" She laughed when I called her miss like she was so grown up.

"I am here with my mommy and cousin." She told me smiling.

"Cool" I said going back to the box. I looked back up to where her head was and she was gone. "Hmm she must have found them." 

"No I didn't I was just coming to see this section of the store." Her stood on her tippy toes trying to get a good look at all the books.

"Here." I said as I grabbed her a stool. She smiled at me and stood up higher now so that she could see the top shelf. 

"Thank you!" She said stepping off the ladder and moving over to the next row of books. 

"No problem." I stepped back and then I smelt it. I didn't know where I had smelt it before but it was familiar. I shook it off going back to work.

"Come on Syd we are leaving now." I heard a woman yell from across the store. I didn't bother looking over to see what she looked like but I wondered if it was her that smelled so familiar. 

"Coming mama." The girl standing next to me yelled back. She handed my the stool and ran off only looking back once to say, "Thanks you lady." I smiled and waved her goodbye. 

When I finished with this box I went back to the storage room and pulled out another box labeled One Direction on it. The bookstore was having a whole section devoted to One Direction because they are doing a few concerts here in Wiimbledon. There was one two Friday's ago, the one last night, there will be one in one month, and then one three months after that. They were on tour and a lot of fans live here so they decided, well their managers decided, to have them do 4 concerts here.

<><><><><><><><><>

"I will see you on Monday!" I said to Mrs. Kell. Sunday's and Wednesday's are the only days I get off. I also have limited times on week days since I am a senior in high school. 

"See you then dear." She said getting into her car. I got into mine realizing I left my bag in the store which had my phone and wallet. Mrs. Kell had already driven off so I pulled out my key to the store and went inside. It was insanly dark and I had only ever been here once when it was dark but still some of the lights were on and Mrs. Kell was with my organizing books. This time was way different. It was pitch black and I had to feel my way around the walls for the light switch. 

I felt the small bump indicating the switch was in my hand. I pushed it up and all the lights came on blinding me for a few seconds. I walked through the back to get my purse when I heard the door open, I forgot to lock it behind me. I was freaked out for a few moments until I smelt it. I sniffed the air bringing the sweet smell I couldn't place earlier in my nose. I heard a muffled voice quitly say, "Hello? Is anyone here I came back because my cousin left her purse here." An images of the little girl popped into my head and I walked into the lost and found room we had. Aparently he had seen me because I heard him say, "I saw you please just give me her purse there isn't any money inside so just hand it over."

"I'm coming!" I yelled from the small dark room. I turned on the light and said, "Is it a purple and blue one?" 

"Yes." He replied I could sense something a tad familiar in his voice. My nostrils flared as I inhaled the scent once more. I looked into the small mirror in the room and saw that my once dim blue eyes were now bright and almost glowing. 

"Just a second." I yelled at him hoping that my eyes would go back to normal. They had become slightly dimmer and I turned the lights off in the room and walked out hoping he wouldn't notice them.  When I turned to face him my heart almost skipped a beat when I realized I was standing in front of Liam Payne from One Direction. The smell was him all along. "Here you go." I said looking in his beautiful brown eyes. I had heard many stories about how amazing his eyes are and now that I was seeing them up close I felt like melting.

"Thanks." He smiled and I just stood there looking up at him drowning into his eyes. "Your eyes are very blue." He said pulling my out of my trance.

"Oh what umm thanks!" I said. I put my hand over them hiding them from him and turned around. "The store is um clo-closing." I stuttered.

"Okay thanks for the purse back." 

"No problem." 

"I'm Liam and you are?"

"Kasey." Now I-I'm sorry but the store is closing." I sad sadly. I really didn't want him to leave but I could not risk getting caught in the store after hours with a boy. Plus my eyes were still very blue and if he found out about me being a werewolf well it would not be good.

"Ok sorry. Thank you." He said and I heard him sturn around so I did as well. I watched as he walked off into the night.