Chapter 2 - Hogwarts School of Witchcraft And Wizardry

Chapter 2 – Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

It was a sea of green fields that looked miles long as Hermione stared out of the compartment window in awe, the train was travelling at a fast pace now and Hermione was just as giddy now as she had been before getting on the train. After introducing herself to Draco they made small talk for a few minutes, asking what house either of them would like to be in and finding out about their families. Hermione was just grateful that she had managed to find a friend, well she hoped he saw her as a friend because most people got intimated by her knowledge and the facts that she tended to spew out. But Draco didn't mind, he was able to keep up with Hermione and match her facts with his own, which Hermione was quite surprised at. Maybe the school year wouldn't be too bad, she just hoped that both herself and Draco were put into the same house, and then at least she had someone to sit with during breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as attend her classes with.

The compartment door slid open and Hermione turned round to find a friendly looking lady with a trolley, and on that trolley was a vast selection of sweets and snacks. Hermione's eyes widened as she took in all of the new Wizarding sweets she had yet to try. Draco couldn't help but chuckle as he noticed this; it had come up into conversation that was a muggle born witch. And to be honest, Draco didn't mind. His Father had often been the one in the family that held some sort of prejudice against Muggles and Muggle born witches or wizards. For why, he had no idea. But Hermione was nice, she listened and understood as Draco talked about why he would prefer to be in Slytherin but didn't mind if the sorting hat put him into another house. It would be the perfect way to rebel against his Father and become his own person. He often found it a burden to have the last name of Malfoy, it came with prejudices of their own. He was nothing like his father; in fact he was most like his Mother, who taught him that it was best to treat people the way he would like to be treated. And he definitely did not want to be treated how his Father sometimes treated him.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" The older witch smiled at the two new first years who were now eyeing the selection of treats before them

"Yes please" Draco got up, handing the witch a few galleons and picking his favourite sweets. Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans and a chocolate frog.

"Come on Hermione, choose something for yourself. My treat" Draco smiled as he took his seat, laying his sweets beside him

"Oh Draco, I couldn't possibly. My Mother and Father gave me my own money, you don't have too" Hermione blushed at the sweet gesture, surprised that someone would even offer that to her but Draco shook his head.

"Don't be silly, it's fine. Choose something, I can see the cogs turning in your head" Draco laughed, causing Hermione to blush again but this time the young girl didn't refuse, she simply rose from her seat and picked out two snacks for herself, a pack of fizzing whizzbees and a pack of the flavour beans for herself.

"Be careful with the flavoured beans. You never know what flavour you're going to get" Draco smirked, waiting with anticipation to see what flavour she got first.

Hermione pursed her lips, "How can I not know what flavour I'm going to get? Surely these are just the same as muggle jelly beans?"

Draco shook his head, "Nope, and to be honest I've never had muggle jelly beans before. Bertie Bott means when they say, every flavour"

Hermione took that as a challenge, she tore open the packet of jelly beans and grabbed a random bean, pulling a grey coloured bean. Just the look of it was intimidating and she realised now that she shouldn't doubt Draco too much. Speaking of Draco, he was now eyeing her with a teasing glint in his eyes, daring her to go on and try it. Hermione sucked it up and put the bean in her mouth, chewing it on for a moment or two before her eyes widened at the disgusting taste that was now in her mouth. She looked around wildly for something to spit the chewed up remains in, there was nothing for her to use and so she took a deep breath and swallowed the bean with a grimace.