Chapter 2

The next day at school things were the same. Huh? I Haven't seen Nolan. Sarah always said that he wasn't as good as I thought he was. What if she was right? Maybe he was going to just blow me off. I would be devastated if he did. I've only ever dreamed about going out with Nolan. And for him to blow me off would mean that my world would crumble.

"Hey beautiful" I was relieved he was here. Now I was confident that he wouldn't blow me off. I turned to face him just leaning against the lockers with his signature smirk on his face.

"Where we're you?!" I blushed realizing I sound like a stalker.

"I love when you blush" He said rubbing his thumb against my cheek. He grinned "I was at the doctors baby, don't worry" he pecked my lips and took my hand while he walked me to class. This feels so natural. What took him so long to ask me out if we both had feelings for each other? I know he hadn't had a girlfriend which puzzled me.

"So want to go to a movie tonight?" he asked.

"I wish I could but I have soccer! What about tomorrow?"

"I have baseball, Friday?"

"Perfect" I said as the bell rang. I gave him a hug and walked into home ec. I went to go sit with Sarah, josh her little brother, and my little brother Connor. Some how we all ended up in this class together even though I'm a senior, Sarah is a junior, and our little brothers are freshmen. I was thankful we all got to see each other at least once during the day though.

"Aren't you and Nolan just the cutest thing?" She obviously loves to tease me. Connor snickered. He hates seeing his sister with boys. Especially Nolan. He has always told her he doesn't like Nolan. I guess no one does.

"So Nolan finally asked you out?" Josh asked.

"Yup" I said popping the p at the end.

"Casey he is not good enough for you! Can't you find someone who actually cares about you?"

Here we go again. They have been all over me since after the summer going into high school. He changed a lot. He used to be super smart and nice. Yeah he still gets good grades but he kind of uses girls. But I won't let that happen.

"CASEY!" Josh yelled. He was obviously annoyed.

"Yes?"

"So did you just start to ignore me?"

"Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! I started to ignore you because I don't want to hear about how no one likes my boyfriend." I said, letting everyone hear the hatred in my voice.

"But it is true." Connor pointed out.

"How about we just drop it?" The rest of the class went by very slowly. No one spoke to one another from fear that I would bite their head off. Good.

The rest of the day went by fast. I didn't see any of them again. I was upset I didn't get to see Nolan. But before I knew it I was in bed thinking about how mean I was to all of them today. I really do feel bad. But they should all know that that is a touchy subject for me. I wonder when my brother will be home so I can go apologize to him. I know he had school soccer and was going out to eat with Brandon, Josh's brother, because he was getting home from college tonight. I wish I could see him tonight too.

Maybe if I text Sarah and ask her if they are home yet I could go over. So I pulled out my phone and sent 'R the boys back yet?' A few minutes later I got a text back saying 'nope but Brand said they were leaving soon. So wanna come ovr & wait till they get bak with me.' I quickly sent back 'yea and I'm staying ovr 2nite.' I ran downstairs and told my mom where I was going. I walked in Sarah's house to see her sitting in the middle of the floor on the phone with tears streaming out of her eyes. She quickly hangs up and starts balling.

-------------------------------------------------------

-Is Casey sounding mean? And what do you think has Sarah so upset?