Chapter 2 Good Days

"Hey! Wait! Come back!" Adalene yelled after me as I raced out of the church. I had just stolen her book that she was reading while waiting for me. I was laughing as I turned around the corner, the way back to my house. 

"If you want it back you'll have to catch me!" I yelled back as she chased me around the corner.

"Pierre! You brat! You know how hard it is to run in this outfit!" Adalene shouted back at me trying to hold back a smile.

"Yes, yes I do mon amie!" I yelled as I ran up the steps to my house. (mon amie = my friend)

Adalene caught up to me while I was trying to open the door. I leaned against the door with the book behind my back laughing.

"I caught you now give me my book back!" She pouted but I could see her trying not to smile.

"Oh yeah? Why Sho-" My mom opened the door and I fell through the doorway and landed on my back. As I was falling she grabbed the book out of my hands.

"It's a miracle that Adalene is still your friend," She says as she hands the book back to Adalene who walked in the house stepping over me.

"Thanks Mrs. Caron! You're really kind," She turned to look at me, "unlike someone I know."

I climbed back to my feet and put my hands up in surrender laughing.

(End of chapter 2! Story has skipped forward a bit.)