Prologue

Prologue

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Cerys, happy birthday to you." I woke to hear my mum singing.

I slowly opened my eyes, a small smile making it's way to my lips.

"Morning mum." I replied, sitting up and hugging her tightly.

"So how is my gorgeous nine year old feeling the morning?" She asked smiling as she pulled away from me slightly.

"Good. Are Cody and Cein up yet or am I the first?" I asked hoping that I was.

Every year they always woke up before me and they always got to chose our breakfast treat. This year I hoped to changed that.

"Sorry Cerys they're up, they're down stairs eating their breakfast on the decking with your dad, auntie Helly, uncle Alec, the twins and Daisy. They're all down there waiting for you but you'll be glad to hear, nana Angie made her famous French toast and bacon." She answered smirking.

"Really? You the boys chose French toast?" I asked feeling a little more excited about the day ahead.

"No they didn't but nana Angie was up before them and was already cooking it when they came down. I think when you get down there, you need to go and say thank you." She replied chuckling as I bounced up and down on my bed.

"Oh I will mum, I'll go down right now." I said jumping out of of bed and rushing over to my door. "Are Casey and Carly up yet?" I asked as I stopped in my doorway.

"I'm just about the check them. Would you like to help me sweetie?" She asked.

"Yes please mum." I grinned as I quickly ran towards their room.

I stood waiting at the door as my mum walked towards me, laughing at me. I could hear noises from the other side of the door and knew they must be awake.

"Come on mum I can hear them, come on mum." I said grabbing the the door handle.

"I'm coming madam. Anyone would think you're excited to see your little sisters." She chuckled as she opened the door.

As soon as it was opened enough I squeezed through, rushing inside.

"Cerys. Cerys." Casey giggled as she saw me.

She quickly pulled herself up and stood at the side of the cot, her arms reaching out for me.

"Morning Casey." I smiled kissing her cheek. "Morning Carly." I said turning to carly.

Some time during the night Casey must have climbed into Carly's cot with her. She quite often got in with Carly, they were very close

Carly was sat up giggling at me. I loved my baby sisters. Casey was five and Carly was three. They had big blue eyes just like me. Casey's hair was dark like mine but Carly hair was ginger and curly.

"Morning baby girls." Mum said as she picked up Casey and put her down.

Casey ran right at me giving me a big cuddle, knocking us both to the floor.

"Careful Casey." I giggled as she gave me a big sloppy kiss.

"Happy birthday Cerys." She said giving me a big toothy grin.

"Thank you." I giggled back, pulling us both back up the standing.

"Cerys birthday." Carly laughed clapping her hands as mum carried her over to the door.

"Come on girls, let's go see daddy and have some breakfast." Mum said smiling.

Taking Casey's hand we followed mum out of the room and made our to the others.