As I spoke, I grew numb, going into details about the men who contained us, their process for controlling us. I told them about the matches, the other shifters I had to take, the punishments I took when I couldn't do it. My wolf paced inside of me, growling and snapping at all the memories, as if to keep them at bay. But there was no keeping them away, not when the council wanted the gritty details.

I described the men, gave them some names, described a couple of the shifters. The council members exchanged glances when I mentioned a couple of the shifters. By the time I finished, my throat was sore, my voice hoarse, and I was tired of remembering it all.

"Thank you, Sang," Councilman Duncan said. "What you have told us has been very helpful."

"How?" I asked.

"We are currently putting together their rotation pattern," Victor joined in. "What they are doing is hard enough. We figured they need already established locations ready for them, especially when transporting shifters. With Corey's help, I've been able to piece those locations together. With us intercepting one place, we were able to find a couple more, and then a couple more."

"What are you going to do once you have all of them?" I asked. "What happens if they create a new place?"

"We are monitoring them as best as we can. You've managed to identify some people for us without even giving us names and now that we know they're involved, we can keep a closer eye," Councilman Duncan said.

Aren't you glad you're useful, the female said. My eyes snapped to her and I was ready to propel myself across the room. I didn't like that she was here. Something about her was making me turn into something ugly.

Dr. Green reacted before I could move a muscle. His hand went to my leg and his energy flooded me.

Relax. Please relax.

My head snapped to face him, eyes wide.

"Sang, relax," he said out loud. This time, his lips did move.

"I heard you the first time."

His eyebrows furrowed. "I only said it one time."

"But you thought it first."

It was his turn for his eyebrows to raise in surprise. His mouth popped open.

You can hear me?

I nodded, feeling numb. His voice was warm and kind, even in my head.

Well, isn't this interesting. The female's mocking voice came into my mind.

"Enough!" I growled out and stood up, ready to go toe to toe with the female. I didn't care if she sat on a council. I'd still take her on.

Dr. Green was up too, his arm around my waist as he pulled me into him, preventing from going after the female.

"Okay, we are done here," Alpha Blackbourne said, also getting to his feet. Each council person followed his suggestion.

"It's for the best," Councilman Buble said, eyes flickering between the female and me. She sent me a smile that probably should have been innocent. It just made me want to rake my claws across her face.

Sensing my aggression, Dr. Green stayed at my side while Alpha Blackbourne let them out of the house. I didn't relax until their energy disappeared and then I slumped onto the couch.

"What was that?" Alpha Blackbourne asked, coming back in.

"The female put me on edge," I said, glaring at the fireplace. It was cold and empty, not needed until winter came. Even then, we lived in the south. It didn't get that cold here.