Red Rubber Balls?

This is using the Medusa Quirk AU, which belongs to scatteredyellowbirds. I don't own BNHA or its characters either.

Who knew snakes liked red rubber balls?

Class 1A did now.

It started with Katsuki's red rubber ball. It was in relatively good shape considering he had picked it up from the side of the road. The paint-job was a little dodgy, but otherwise, it was good as new.

Katsuki had been sitting in his chair, feet on his desk ("-madly disrespectful-!") throwing it up, before catching it. His attention was wandering, so he hadn't tried any tricks, thankfully.

Instead, he continued to throw the ball, not noticing Izuku's narrowed eyes watching its progress, or the half-snake coiling up on his desk, like a cobra-about-to-strike, preparing to pounce.

Izuku's eyes, if possible, narrowed further, his pupils widening. His tail flicked, his ear twitched, and he leapt.

He sailed over the desks, looking more like a cat than a snake, reaching the ball as it was at the peak of its arc, madly fumbling as he attempted to get a grip on the slippery rubber.

The ball landed, bouncing on the wooden floor. Izuku landed after it, continuing to chase his prey. The whole class watched as he jumped, attempting to pounce on the ball. Unfortunately, the ball, which was also bouncing, was only getting propelled higher with Izuku's failed hunting attempts.

Finally, he caught it, where he sat, in the middle of the doorway, gnawing on the squeaky red sphere that had eluded him for so long. He refused to give it up, not even when someone turned on a laser-pointer, ignoring the small red dot that he had been so obsessed with in the past. No, this was his prey, his catch, his kill, and he wasn't giving it up.

Eventually, Mr Aizawa arrived, and managed to get the now-slobbery, torn, broken ball (that had several fang-holes in it) off Izuku with a large amount of threatening, bribing, petting and tug-of-war games.

Moodily, Izuku slumped in his seat, arms crossed and pouting like a three-year-old sulking.

"Dude," Eijiro Kirishima laughed, "who knew you loved red rubber balls that much? You were going crazy man, trying to catch that thing."

Izuku shifted further down in his seat. His ear twitched in annoyance, but he was also blushing slightly from embarrassment.

Mr Aizawa sighed. "None of you will be throwing balls in my classroom in future, got it? We have work to do, as well as hero training."

"Are we allowed to throw a ball out of class, sensei?" Katsuki called. Mr Aizawa thought about it for a moment, before nodding, beginning the lesson. Katsuki grinned. 'This will be fun,'

--// //--

Monoma stared, slightly confused, at the slobbery, decrypt red rubber ball that had hit him in the forehead after being throw at him.

"What the...? Okay, who the hell threw this disgusting piece of junk at-argh!" He started to shout, but was bowled over by an over eager Izuku on the hunt.

"Where is it?" Hissed the snake-boy. His tail twitched. "Where's my kill?" He glared at Monoma.

"Your what?" Monoma shrieked, before realising Izuku meant the ball. "Why the hell would I know where your stupid toy is?" Spat the blond. Wrong thing to say.

--// //--

"Break it up, guys." All Might sighed, pushing through the students, several of which were chanting the cliché fight phrase, 'Fight.' All Might finally made it to the centre of the commotion, hauling a hissing Izuku off Monoma.

"Young Midoriya, young Monoma, what's going on here?" Izuku huffed, refusing to answer, while Monoma stayed silent - Izuku had bitten him several times.

"... He insulted my ball." Izuku grumbled after a second. All Might raised an eyebrow. This was a new one.

After cleaning it up, and sending Izuku away with his precious ball, while some of Monoma's classmates took the paralysed boy to the nurse's office, All Might confronted Eraser Head.

The Pro merely sighed at the number one heroes explanation, before mumbling something about Bakugo.

So it was a bit rushed towards the end as I had to go to bed when I finished, so I couldn't add a AN at the end either. I went back to edit it too. Thanks to anyone who's voted or read the story, I greatly appreciate it! Mere words cannot describe my gratitude!

The next chapter is gonna be a Medusa Quirk AU, or a no-AU story.