Chapter 1

Betty
Today is the day I move to New York. My mom and dad help me moves my things to my apartment. It turns out, I get a roommate. We got all of my boxes moved into my room. "I'm going to miss you so much." my mom hugs me tightly. "I'm going to miss you too." I say. "I expect to have a phone call at least once a week." she says. "Yes ma'am." I reply. I hug my dad and they leave. I start unpacking boxes, and there was a knock on the door. I open it to see a raven haired girl. "Can I help you?" I ask. "Hi. I'm Veronica Lodge. I'm your roommate." she smiles. I move and let her in. She looks around and someone starts bringing in boxes. "Thank you, Andre." she says as he brings the last box in. "I'm gonna finish unpacking." I mumble and go to my room. I turn on some music and sing along as I dig through my boxes.

Jughead
I woke up in my king sized bed, and groaned when I looked at the time. I got up and took a shower. "It's time for breakfast sir." Toni says. "I'll be right out." I reply and get dressed. I follow her to the dining room and sit at the table. "You have a meeting with your mother in an hour." she says and I sigh. "Ok." I reply. I eat quickly and go to my office. I get some work done before my mother barges through the door.

"Mother." I say. "Forsythe. Do you do anything but work. You need to find someone. I mean, you're 22 years old." she says. "I thought you wanted me to be successful? Anyways, have you found me an assistant yet?" I ask. "Yes. Her name is Elizabeth Cooper. She will be here at 9:30." she replies. "Thank you. Anything else?" I say and she shakes her head. "I'll be back with your assistant after while." she leaves my office.

Betty                                                                                                                                                                                           I have finally got a call for the job I was looking for. I have to meet them at 9:30, so I got dressed in a black dress that stops mid thigh. I put on some natural make up, and went to the cafe. I drank my coffee and then went to the address. I stopped at a mansion, and took a deep breath. I saw a woman on the phone and she spotted me. "You must be Elizabeth Cooper." she smiles. "Yes, that's me." I reply. We walk in, and she gives me a tour. "You will be an assistant for my son. He goes by Jughead." she says, "he should be around here somewhere." I smile faintly and nod.

After touring the first floor, she shows me the library. "Woah." I gasp. Someone turns in a chair and I jump. "Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." he smirks. "It's fine." I reply. "Elizabeth, this is my son, Jughead. Jughead, this is your assistant, Elizabeth Cooper." she says. "Nice to meet you." I smile slightly. "Show her to her office. I have some business to attend to." she says and leaves. I look around the library, and I can't lie, it's amazing. "I can show you to your office now." Jughead says. I nod and follow him to a plain white room. "You can decorate however you want." he says.

Jughead
She turns and grins at me. "Really?" her smile is adorable. I nod and step out of the office. I go to mine and check my schedule. I have a meeting in 30 minutes and I sigh, knowing I can't reschedule. A few minutes later, Elizabeth pops her head in. "I have some paperwork that you asked for." she says. "Ok. Can you put it on my desk?" I ask. She nods and steps in. She places it on my desk and looks around the office. "So tell me about yourself." I say. "There's not much to me. I'm from a small town called Riverdale. I'm 19, and I moved here to go to college." she says, "your turn." "Well, I'm an author. I have been writing ever since I can remember and I'm 22 now." I say. "You're very successful for a 22 year old." she smiles. "You might want to go back to your office soon. I'm having a meeting in a little bit and I'm pretty sure there will be shouting." I sigh. "Who is the meeting with?" she asks. "My parents. They are divorced and they hate each other. They come once a month to check on everything." I reply and she nods. She heads back to her office and then my parents come in.

"Who was that?" my father asks. "My new assistant, Elizabeth Cooper." I reply. They sit in the chairs across from me. "How is your writing, any progress?" he asks. "We just got here and that's all you care about?" my mother scoffs. "Of course not." he raises his voice. "My writing is fine." I say. "Good. Now are we going to talk about you finding someone?" she asks. "Is that all you care about?" Dad snaps. I sigh and sit back in my chair.

Betty
Jughead was right, they are shouting. I step out of my office and almost run into someone. "I am so sorry." I say. "It's fine. Do you need something?" she asks. "I was wondering where the restroom is." I say. "Follow me. I'm Toni by the way." she says. "I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Betty." I smile. She shows me the restroom and I thank her.

I head back to my office and the couple stopped me. "Hi. Can I help you?" I ask. The man looks me up and down, and the woman drags him out of the house. I look at them confused and walk into my office. I check the time, and went to Jughead's office. I knock on the door, but didn't get an answer. I peek in and he wasn't in there. I shrug and go to my office and get some work done.

I get home and tell Veronica about my day. We have become best friends over the short time we have lived together. We watch movies and eat popcorn. We start school next week and I don't have any classes with her. She's majoring in being a fashion designer, and I'm going to be an author. Working with jughead is great practice before I start. 

Jughead
After my parents left, I went to my personal gym. I take a shower once I'm done and Elizabeth was gone when I went to her office. I went to my room, and watch tv until I fell asleep.