Hidden & Unknown-Chp 1

Start from the beginning

"Nothing at all." I sighed mentally.

"It'll all work out."

"Thanks Fox. I'll talk to you later." I let this happen to her and now she remembers nothing. Maybe something good will come out of all this. "Sleep peacefully, Skylara. I am here watching over you." I whispered to her as I continued to watch over her sleeping form.

*****Skylara's POV:*****

Maybe after some rest you'll remember....Sure because it really works that way. What a load of crap. I am starting to think I am a crabby person or maybe it is from just being stuck here in a hospital, not sure yet what the answer is yet. I've been here for a week and nothing, just a whole lot of nothing, no memories, no clues, and no ideas at all. They haven't figured out yet what caused the memory lost or even what caused all the damage to me. This seemed odd to me by all accounts. All they knew was that I had a few broken bones, several cuts that had to be stitched up and suffered server blood loss at the time I was admitted. But who brought me here and how are they connected to me? Where the constant questions that plagued my mind, all the while no answer every came though the questions continued to haunt my now empty mind.

I was starting to get paranoid the more time I spent in here. I always felt like someone was watching me and yet no one could hide in this all too bright clean white room. Still I felt constantly watched and as odd as it is the feeling of constant watching in some way it seemed normal to me, like it was a part of me or at least a part of the life that I couldn't remember anyway.

"How are you feeling today sweetie?" Asked Nancy one of my regular nurses.

"Sore and still nothing." I replied.

"Don't worry about the nothing maybe it is a blessing."

"Yeah, I guess your right Nancy." She smiled at me as she checked on things and then left. The typical routine of my days here though I knew they were coming to an end. Then what would I do? Where would I go? Those where the questions that constantly haunted me, all I had where the clothes that I came to the hospital with and no ID to speak of much less money to go anywhere or pay for this lovely hospital visit.

It was a week later and I was being released from the hospital with still no memory, no money, nowhere to go and with no one to turn to. What in this world was I going to do? Nancy who had become a friend in the last two weeks said she managed to track down the person who brought me in three months ago. Said they knew me so maybe they could help with my memory problem. Ha! Right. What can they do that some of the best doctors couldn't? Well, at least someone was claiming me, though it bothered me that if they really knew me why was their no visits, no cards, no flowers, and no balloons? It seemed so odd to me and made me wonder. The only clothes I had where the ones I came in with, thankfully Nancy washed them for me so that the blood was at least gone though the clothes weren't in the best of shape, the dark-washed jeans where ripped several places in the legs, the dark red short sleeve shirt had its sleeves ripped up so bad that Nancy just cut the sleeves off, the only piece that was whole where the canvas sneakers on my feet. Dressed in my ragamuffin like clothes I sat on a bench with my face in my hands causing my hair to fall down on either side like a curtain just trying to remember something....anything at this point.

"Skylara?" Came a voice from above me that I recognized but couldn't figure out how or where. Just that it was familiar to me. I looked up to see a tall, lean muscular guy who couldn't be much older than me with the darkest black hair I've ever seen, it was long about three inches past his shoulders, he was handsome looking with beautiful dark honey colored eyes framed in long thick dark eyelashes, a perfect symmetrical bone-structure face, straight aristocrat nose, high cheek bones, defined jaw and prominent lips. He looked so familiar to me that my heart started to beat just a little faster. Who was he? He was dressed in mid-wash jeans, black combat boots, a black T-shirt, with a red, white and black leather bike jacket. I looked around to find out who he was calling to. I was the only one around.