Hidden & Unknown-Chp 1

My name is Skylara. I am one of the last surviving members of a long forgotten race. I was found all alone as an infant. I was taken in and raised by a pair of shape-shifters along with their son. My parents and brother are a part of an organization known as the Keepers. I am trained as an assassin among the Keepers otherwise known as a Hidden. It is my job to hunt down members of the Merikh. The Merikh is an criminal organization made up of pure evil.

Hidden & Unknown:

Chapter 1

I woke to the bright sun shining against the sterile white walls of a hospital room. The sun shine stung my eyes blurring my vision with tears. I closed the lids of my eyes shutting out the light of the extremely bright light in the room, wiping the tears away and once my eyes had adjusted I looked around the room. There was nothing in the room other then the plain white walls, an IV and the horribly uncomfortable bed underneath me. Nothing in the room could tell me who I was or if anyone missed me. There were no flowers, no cards, no balloons, just a whole lot of....nothing. I had no memory of who I was, why I was here or what had even happened to me. I laid my head back against the pillow trying to figure out everything. Lost in my own empty mind I didn't hear that someone had entered my room till they spoke.

"It is good to see that you're finally awake, miss." Said the guy who was obviously my doctor. Well, that was unhelpful. Not even the doctor seemed to know my name.

"How long have I been here?" I asked in an extremely raspy voice. Clearly I've been out of it for a while to sound so bad.

"You've been here about two and half months now." He told me while he looked at the chart in his hand. Two and half months?!! What the...?!

"What happened to me?" I asked in a still raspy voice.

"You where brought in after being seriously injured. Do you remember what happened?" If I remembered why would I ask him what happened? Was I always this crabby?

"No. I don't remember anything at all." I replied quietly.

"You could be suffering from memory lost from the trauma you suffered. You'll be here awhile under observation. After you have rested some we'll look further into your memory loss." He said as he checked my vitals. I've been out of the world for 2 1/2 months from serious injuries....What the hell happened to me?

*****Mystery POV:******

I watched as the doctor entered her room. Skylara was severely injured on her the last job against the Merikh. She has been asleep for the last two and half months. How could I have let this happen to her? My eyes widened some as I realized she was awake now. I could hear her thoughts and I didn't like what I was hearing. Memories where lost to her....this isn't good at all. I've always been with her, we've never been apart and now she doesn't remember anything. How on earth could I have let this happen to her?!! Explaining this one wasn't going to be an easy task. The number one assassin for the Keepers was now incapacitated and out of work. Not to mention didn't remember a thing and there was a chance she never would. The doctor soon came out of her room and I slipped deeper into the shadows in the corridor, watching and waiting. When she was asleep I quietly entered into her room, I sat in the deep shadows of the corner watching her sleep and dream for the first time in months.

"How is she today?" Came the quiet mental voice of my best friend and her brother.

"She is sleeping right now. She did awaken today for the first time in months." I replied mentally.

"That is good news. There is something else isn't there?"

"She remembers nothing."

"Nothing at all or just pieces?"