Prologue

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Zatanna's POV:•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Zatanna's POV:
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Two Years Ago

"Stay with me, Z! Come on, stay with me!" Robin said as we raced down the streets of  Coast City on his motorcycle. I sat in front of Dick on Redwing, his chest pressed against my back.

I started to feel light headed as my wounds continued to bleed out. My vision started to go in and out of focus, as I fought the urge to fall asleep. A fight that I was losing.

Three gunshot wounds to the abdomen, one to the left shoulder, a minor concussion, and a single stab wound to the leg. The fact that I managed to get shot while helping Robin out and it no longer surprises me, is getting kind of ridiculous.

"Z, don't close your eyes! Listen to me, beautiful! Do not fall asleep!" Bird Boy instructed me in a scared and urgent voice. "You're gonna be okay, Z! I'm gonna get you to a hospital!"

My body slumped back against that of my best friend's and my head rolled onto his shoulder. As my eyesight started to blur, I told him. "Dick, you have to tell my dad.... you have to tell him...."

"Tell him yourself, Z, because you are coming out of this alive!" He told me over the wind rushing through my ears. "Do you have enough energy to use your magic to change back to civilian clothes? Because it's be really bad if you go into the hospital in your suit. We don't want people to know of your identity."

I nodded tiredly, before focusing my magic on the mental picture of what I'd been wearing before we left on the mission. A warm sensation filled my body and I could feel the jeans and t-shirt appear on my body.

Dick said something, but it was muffled as I began to loose consciousness. My vision went completely dark and the pain in my body began to numb.

When I came to three days later, I was laying in Coast City General Hospital. The doctors said that they found me unconscious and bleeding out on the sidewalk outside of the hospital.

It was then that I realized that Dick had left me there, while I was still loosing a lot of blood and having a slim possibility of survival.

My father was called, he signed me out of the hospital and drove me back to Detroit. The incident was the last time I'd seen or spoken to Richard Grayson for two whole years.