[12] Doctor

Mulai dari awal

"Harry, how nice to see you!" He shows a false smile and reaches his hand out for me to shake. I shake his hand bitterly before shaking the younger mans hand.

"I take it you're a doctor?" I ask dumbly and he let's out a chuckle before nodding.

"Yeah, yeah I'm a doctor." He smiles and steps in the house. I shut the door once they are both inside and tell he young man which room Sydney is in. He walks toward the door and I wait for him to be inside before I turn and look at the man I hate most.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I demand and look over at Sydney's door once more. I don't like that the young guy is in there alone with her but I don't have a choice at the moment.

"I just wanted to come see how you are holding up. How are things?" He walks around the room, running his fingers along every object he passes, inspecting them carefully.

"I am fine, everything is fine. Leave!" I point to the front door and give him the hardest glare I can.

He laughs lightly before stopping his movements and looking at me. "Everything isn't fine obviously, the girl has a broken rib." He points to the end of the hall.

"It isn't broken!" I yell.

"Whatever. I had to bring a damn doctor in here! That's risky as hell so you should be thanking me!" He raises his voice and I roll my eyes.

"I will never thank you, for anything! Now get out of my house!" I raise my voice back and point to the door for the second time.

"I'm leaving, calm your ass." He raises his hands up in front of him and walks to the door. He opens it up and turns back to me. "Don't cause anymore problems I won't be willing to fix. You know what happens if you do." He points at me before stepping out and shutting the door.

~~

Sydney

My eyes open when I hear the door creak and I look up and see an unfamiliar man entering the room. My eyes crease in confusion as he looks up at me and smiles kindly.

"Hi. I'm the doctor that Harry had called." He sends a small wave and I give him a small smile in return.

"Hi." I say quietly. If I had to guess, I'd say the man is about thirty two and if I must say so, he isn't all that bad looking.

"So I was told you may have a cracked rib, is that correct?" He asks as he pulls up the desk chair and sits beside my bed.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Can I ask how this happened?" He looks at me and holds eye contact. I look away after a few seconds, not being able to think of anything while looking at him. What the hell do I say? I can't tell him what really happened. Although he could be my ticket out of this place, I can't risk it.

"I was walking downtown and tripped over my shoelaces, I fell down a set of cement stairs and landed on my side." I don't know how I thought of that so quickly, but I just saved my own life with that horrible but hopefully believable lie.

"Oh wow, that was quit the accident." He chuckles and I smile slightly. "Okay, so which side?" He asks.

"This one." I point to my right rib cage and he nods, telling me to sit up as best as I can. I wince in pain and he quickly stands up, helping me lie back down.

"Okay, so it definitely is damaged severely if you can't even sit up a little. I'll have to see while you're lying down I suppose." He sighs and stands up straight. "Could you try to remove your shirt?" He looks at me.

I look up at him curiously, not really feeling comfortable doing that. Then I realize that I'll have to so he can actually check and make sure my side is alright. I nod slowly and pull my shirt up from the bottom, struggling to pull it up past my stomach. He reaches over and helps me pull it up, getting as far as my chest before the door opens and a voice stops him.

"What the fuck are you doing to her?" Harry's voice is loud and authoritative. I sigh and look over to the door as the doctor drops my shirt back down.

"She has to remove her shirt so I can check her side." The doctor; who I still don't know that name of, informs him.

"Like hell you do!" Harry says and walks over to us, looking down at me with a frown.

"Harry." I whisper. "He has to if I want to know what's wrong." I say softly and look up at him. He seems to ponder the idea for a moment before sighing with a small nod.

"Fine, but no fucking wandering eyes!" He spits at the man. He nods awkwardly before approaching me again." No, I'll help her." Harry stops him and moves closer to me, carefully pulling my shirt up over my head.

He places it's on the bed beside me and I can't help but notice how his eyes look me over. I feel awkward and uncomfortable with both of their gazes on me as I lay in my bra, but I push the feelings aside as the doctor starts to feel my ribs. He pushes down lightly causing me to wince and me quickly retracts his hand when Harry sends him a glare. He then continues to look at my side and feel around the bone.

"It's not broken but it is definitely cracked, I see no other explanation. I wouldn't be able to tell for certain unless I took an ex-ray but that doesn't seem to be an option so I'm going by my knowledge. You'd be in a lot more pain if it was broken but you're in too much pain for it to be only bruised. I would say no more than one rib is damaged so it isn't too severe. I'll wrap it in a few layers of gauze." He explains and opens a case and takes out some gauze. Him and Harry work together to lift me up enough to wrap it around my torso. It takes a few minutes before it gets finished properly.

"Okay, so try not to move around too much. You can walk around the house a little everyday just so you don't get stiff and make it worse. Don't walk more than you can manage though, that will cause more problems. Change the gauze at least once every two days, and remove it for showers and stuff. I would recommend baths over showers until the pain goes away however, we wouldn't want you to slip in the shower." He names off everything as he puts his things away.

"How long will it take for her to be healed?" Harry speaks.

"I'd say about two weeks, by then it should just be some bruising, nothing too serious. You will be in light pain for maybe three weeks. If anything gets worse or if you aren't healed by then, please contact me." He sends me a smile before walking toward my bedroom door.

"Thank you." I smile and send a wave.

"No worries. I hope you get better soon." He smiles before leaving the room with Harry following behind.

A few minutes later, the door opens again and Harry comes back in. He smiles at me before coming over and taking the shirt off the bed.

"I'll help you put this back on." He smiles and helps me get it over my head and pulled down the rest of the way.

"Thanks." I smile.

"Are you alright?" He looks at me concerned.

"I'm fine. Just tired." I shrug.

"Okay, go to sleep and I'll help you get out of this room in the morning." He smiles and stands up, kissing my forehead before exiting the room.

-----
A/N

Okay, I know this is really short but I don't have time to make it any longer! This chapter probably confused all of you and makes like no sense but I want it that way! The next few chapters will make absolutely no sense to you but that is okay, I am being evil right now! Lol. I had to force myself to squeeze in time to write this so please vote and comment! I have a lot going on right now and it's stressful for me at the moment so I don't know when I will be able to post again. Hopefully sometime this week coming!

Thanks guys! ~Bailey xx