four

Berlin 

It's been a week since the talk with Caden in the shed. I haven't been to there house in a while and honestly it felt weird. That's why I'm here now, standing on their front porch, wondering if I should ring the doorbell or just walk in like I normally. I decide to just walk in.

"Dylan's not here," Caden says as I walk past his door. I nod and walk into his room.

"What is this about?" He asks, watching me sit on his bed.

"Why do you hate me?" I ask the question that's been on my mind since I've met Caden.

"I don't hate you," He says, pulling a hoodie over his head.

"And why do you always wear hoodies around me?" I ask. He shrugs.

"I'm cold," He lies.

"You're not telling me something. I can tell by the look in your eyes," I tell him, standing up and walking towards him. He shakes his head and backs away from me. He hits the wall and I stand directly in front of him.

"What are you hiding, Caden? I'm a big girl, I can handle it," I tell him, rolling my eyes. He shakes his head, his breathing catches in his throat. 

"Do you self harm?" I accuse, grabbing his wrist and pulling up the sleeve. I'm relieved when I don't see any scars. My eyes look up and down his wrist until they land on the spot right before his hand.

A black wave was etched into his skin. One that looked exactly like mine.