What the hell was going on? I chanted over and over again in my head.

"Don't you dare. She doesn't need to know anything. It will only make things more complicated." Tadgh defended, earning him a new bruise to his cheek.

"Now, now. Where would the fun be if I didn't tell her? She is my granddaughter, she deserves the truth and if that messes with her mind, then so be it." His lips curved up into an evil grin.

Tadgh kept his mouth shut as my grandfather started telling the story.

"Your father wasn't the one that was meant to take over. It has been known that for generations, the son that has two identical sons of his own will be the one to take over for his father. Us O'connells are known to produce strong sons, always in sets of twos."

He continued to pace the room as I was listening carefully to his words.

"I myself had to two sons and my own twin didn't. So naturally, I was the one to take over once I killed my own father. But then, my two idiots of a son decided to fall in love with the same god damn woman and mess all this up!" He roared.

"Mum. He was the woman." I spoke up softly, the dots beginning to aline.

"Well done Lassie. Yes, it was Aoife."

"Tadgh was always too soft when it came to things that happened in the business, so Desmond married the girl. But she was a lot like you, she never listened and caused chaos. She was not truthful to him and ended up shagging with Tadgh." He sneered in disgust as he spoke about my mother.

"She never loved him! She was supposed to be mine! I loved her and you let him take her away from me!" Tadgh yelled, rattling the chains that were keeping his held.

"She was a disgrace and a little hoe, sleeping around even though she was a married woman! She deserved everything that came her way and I'm glad that Desmond was the one to end her life."

I gasped, tears streaming down my cheeks. I looked over at Tadgh who was murdering his father with his eyes at each word he was speaking.

"After that he had you and your brother, the first generation to ever had a daughter instead of two sons. He couldn't even get that right." He spate down at Tadgh.

"You're my dad?" I whispered, Tadgh's blue eyes softening, guilt swirling in them.

"Why did you never tell me? Why didn't you come and get me, keep me safe from that monster? Why?" I sobbed, emotions running wild in me.

"Pumpkin, it wasn't that simple. Your brother he knew and –" my eyes bulging at his words.

"Osín knows?!" I screaming getting up to my feet.

"Yes, he does... He found out soon after your mother died." His eyes cast to the ground in shame.

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't stop the tears from coming out, the hurt, the pain, the lies, all was unbelievable.

"How could you do this to me? I am your daughter and I didn't even know about it?" I asked in disbelief.

"Saoirse, you have to understand where I'm coming from. I love you my pumpkin, I promised your mother not to tell. She made me promise." He pleaded.

"Guess I should take my leave. My job here is done." My grandfather walked off, locking the door behind him.

I couldn't move. I could have run after him, jumped on him, I could have gotten the keys to free Tadgh. But I did nothing, I couldn't.

"I feel like I'm going to be sick," I mumbled, holding my forehead as the room started to get dizzy.

"Pumpkin, sit down and let us talk. It looks like you are about to faint." Tadgh's voice was soothing but all kept turning.