Remus grabbed his quill and a parchment.

7-20

Sirius-

I am doing well. James sent me some muggle chocolate. My parents have been completely accepting.

I suppose there isn't much to say about yours. Please keep in touch.

Good news is James has some brilliant idea to share with us when we see each other again. Can't even imagine what it is.

Always,

Remus

He attached the short parchment to Heng's short leg, and the bird was off.

When Heng returned the next day, Remus had assumed he'd just gotten confused and returned with the letter he was supposed to deliver to Sirius.

Remus let Heng into his room, and took the parchment from him after realizing that, in fact, it was different than the one he sent.

The handwriting was sloppier than Sirius' normal scrawl.

Remus-

My hand has been slammed in the door, and I'd guess my fingers are broken. Mother took my wand. Not sure how to fix my hand. Please help.

SB

Remus shuddered as he read it. He tried to think up ways in which getting your hand slammed in a door could be an accident; none came to mind.

He grabbed a new piece of parchment.

07-21

Sirius-

I am sending my wand with your owl. Brackium Emendo should solve your problem if I recall correctly. It always seemed as though it took only a point of the wand from Madam Pomfrey when accompanied with this spell.

I truly hope this works. Please keep up with the owl post.

RL

As quickly and securely as he could, Remus attached the parchment and his wand to Heng. He knew it was risky, but he figured he could buy a new wand if his didn't make it back. Sirius mother was delusional. And Sirius wasn't joking when he said she hated him.

The next days were painstakingly long as Remus waited for Sirius' reply.

It wasn't until a week later that Heng finally returned. Remus was relieved to see that he was carrying his wand.

The letter returned was written in Sirius' normal writing.

07-28

Remus-

I know what you're thinking, no, I haven't gotten a warning from the ministry about underage magic. Your spell worked marvelously. Thanks again.

I know you're too polite to ask, but I'm sure you're wondering. Yes, my mother shut my hand in the door. Yes, I'm fine now. Looking back it could have been worse. We got in a yelling match. I called her an inbred. She's threatened that father will punish me with Sectumsempra when he returns from Ghana.

I supposed she has finally run out of nasty things to call me. I'll let you know which I prefer after father's curse.

Please don't worry. I figured this physical punishment would come eventually.

Sirius

Remus could barely steady his hand enough to pen a response. He was fuming. Remus wanted to make sure no one felt outcast or alone, he knew too well what that felt like.