"Lucian!" His mother greeted cheerfully, "Your father just set the table, you are right on time." His mother just then noticed his company and the cheerfulness faded. The woman didn't even try to hide it, "Oh, won't you introduce me to your friend?" She asked.

He turned to look at Scarlett, "This is Scarlett Archer, my girlfriend."

He made sure to clear that up from the start. It left no room for doubts or creativity on his mother's part. Scarlett was his girlfriend and he'd make sure the people staying at the beach house were all informed about that.

"Nice to meet you." Scarlett smiled at his mother, holding her hand out.

His mother couldn't leave Scarlett hanging, that would be rude and not the image Emma wanted to set. He had to hide a smile when Emma stepped forward and shook hands with Scarlett. Displeasure was, however, very clear in his mother's eyes.

"Nice to meet you too," Emma said in a very tight voice.

Lucian slightly raised the bags he was holding, "Mom, will you let us through? I want to settle down before dinner and I'm sure Scarlett wants to freshen up."

"I'd actually love that." Scarlett agreed.

Emma smiled, the smile never reaching her eyes as she stepped aside. Lucian ignored her and so did Scarlett. He smiled when his back was turned to his mother. He led the way to his room while Scarlett followed behind him. He knew his mother would not like this at all, but he didn't care. He did want to put their bags away and freshen up too before facing their guests.

His mother still wasn't aware that he knew about the guests. Things would become very interesting.

Scarlett closed the door behind her, "Well, that's out of the way." She said quietly.

"That was the easy part," Lucian whispered. He gestured to his ensuite, "You can freshen up first."

She swayed from side to side, "Always the gentleman, I love that about you." She spoke louder now and if his mother was eavesdropping she would have heard that.

He shook his head at her, "Just go, will you?" He whispered.

She grinned but did as told. She grabbed her makeup bag and disappeared in his ensuite. While Scarlett got ready he grabbed his phone and texted both Noah and Michael to let them know he was at the beach house and Emma wasn't happy with him already. Noah and Michael both told him he should have expected that. They were sending him message after message with encouraging words. They wanted him to stand his ground, let his mother know that this could never happen again.

"Your turn."

Lucian looked up from his phone, "Okay, I'll be quick."

"There is no rush." Scarlett joked.

"No rush at all."

He closed the bathroom door behind him and was impressed that his mother kept his bathroom stocked with his products. He did bring his hair and face products with him but there was no need to take them out. He quickly freshened up and met up with Scarlett who was seated on the end of his bed, scrolling through her phone.

"You ready?" He asked her.

She got to her feet, pocketed her phone and walked to the door beating him to it, "No, but I do need some food in me so let's go."

He took her outstretched hand and led her out of his bedroom, walking with determined steps to the dining room. His father sat at the head of the table, his eyes glittering the minute Lucian walked in together with Scarlett.