Chapter 11

Cato

That night once Brianna and Clove are fast asleep, I left myself relax and drift off. Always holding Cloves hand.

A few hours later, I hear Brianna crying, I go to get up but notice that Clove has gone. Probably already sorting out Brianna. But she doesn't stop screaming.

"Daddy! Daddy! Help!", she screams. A loud crash is shortly followed. My instinct makes me grab the bat from under our bed and run into the kitchen. Two people with back masks stand overlooking something wiggling in a bag.

"Who the f*ck are you?", I scream as loudly as possible. Suddenly, I'm hit on the head and the world around me fades into darkness.

Clove

"Mummy! Daddy!", Brianna screams. It's not like her to wake in the night.

"Yes?", I say. A black sack goes over my head as I topple over. I try and try to scream but no sound comes out from the sheer terror I'm feeling. I kick and punch but it's no use.

Cato yells at someone but a thud follows, what have they done? I feel as if I'm being carried and shoved into something. I stay like this for a very long time.

I take a look at my surroundings, it's a cell. No ordinary cell...it's the same cell.

"Sit in the chair, now!", orders a peacekeeper. Strangely, I do as I'm told. A blindfold is tightened too tightly around my eyes. I hate not knowing what happening, they could kill me and I wouldn't be prepared! When it's taken off, both my hands and feet are tied to a chair. President walks in surrounded by guards and peacekeepers all holding buttons.

"What...do...you want?", I ask between pants.

"Just some...answers", he laughs. I hate the way he paused before saying "answers".

"Who killed Primrose and Ryan?", he asks with so much hatred in his eyes I'm sure it could kill me.

"You did", I hiss.

He laughs, "Wrong!". As if on que, everyone presses a button, sending an electric shock to every part of my body.

"But you did!", I argue. Another shock.

"You did", I hiss, "Your not going to break me".

2 weeks later

Cato

How are we going to get her back? Where is she? Is she alive? The only possible answer is this is all President Snows fault.

"It's been two weeks!", I yell at my team: Isabelle, Cane and several guards from District 13, "We can just sit around forever".

"We don't have a plan", cries Isabelle.

"She is obviously back in the dungeons, where else would she be?", I say.

"The last plan won't work again, they know what we are capable of", informs cane.

"They probably have twice the guards", adds Isabelle.

"I can help!", exclaims a guard, "I use to work there before I escaped. I know a backway in".

"It's probably surrounding by traps", mumbles Isabelle.

"No harm in trying", I say.

"Only our lives", mutters Isabelle, "Why don't we all just go down to the palace a shoot President Snow and make...Plurtach the leader". We exchange glances and nods at this idea.

"How?", I question.

"I don't know...most of us go to kill Snow while the other pretend to be attacking the cells?", she says.