I 'Effin Love You part 22

Start from the beginning

-Summer's POV-

He followed me back into the living room.

"I mean, hasn't it ever struck you as odd?" he asked.

"Do you understand the meaning of go away?" I asked.

"Really? Isn't it weird how Pandora just opened the box when she is given directions on not to?" he asked. I told him to go away at the door. He had to use the bathroom and I stupidly let him use it. He didn't leave when he came back out. I was watching Hercules and he talked about Zeus and how he wished he lived in the ancient Greek times and how he would have stopped Pandora from opening the box. Then he went on to talk about how dumb it was that she even got the box in the first place. And now, it was that she was dumb for opening it when she was told not to. The whole time he talked I really had the urge to hit my head against the wall. He was annoying me. What sucked was that he was hot! That really got me. You're not single Summer, I told myself. Jay! Why didn't I call that kid? There was a knock on the door and I ran to open it. Speak of the devil, I thought as I opened the door to a disturbed Jay.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"I..." he trailed off, holding up a finger. "I'd rather not say," he said.

"Okay, come on in," I said, opening the door wider.

"I know I was just here, but I don't want to be at the penthouse and I want to be with you twenty four seven and you're here," he said, seeing Rick. Rick smiled at him.

"Hi Jay!" he greeted cheerfully. Jay looked at me from the side.

"I'm sorry. I told him to leave, he refuses to," I said. Jay nodded and wrapped an arm around me.

"Mine," he told his uncle.

"Possessive much?" he asked.

"Very," Jay snapped, taking me into the living room. There was another knock at the door. I ran back to answer it and revealed Josh.

"Oh, gross," I groaned. What was this, a party? An 'I want Summer' party? If so, I would like it to end. Now.

"Hi," Josh said.

"Go away," I said, beginning to slam the door. He stuck out his hand and stopped it from closing, like the day he force kissed me.

"Summer, I just want to talk!" he said.

"That's what you always say," I said, giving up with the door. He pushed it open and stepped inside.

"Look, I wasn't kidding when I told you I missed you."

"And I wasn't kidding when I told you that I never wanted to see you again."

"What's going on out- YOU!" Jay shouted, coming out by the front door with Rick not far behind him. Josh made a face.

"Aw, what the crap? What are you? Her bodyguard?" he groaned. Jay did not look happy with that.

-Jay's POV-

Summer had two stalkers. My girlfriend had two stalkers. Are you serious right now? And he thought I was only her bodyguard. Did we not make it clear that I was her boyfriend? I think we did.

"How many times do we have to tell you that he's my boyfriend?" Summer snapped at him.

"He is?" Josh asked, surprised.

"Are you- did you not pay attention the past fifty times?" I spat at him.

"I don't think people should listen to douches," he said.

"Then we shouldn't listen to you," Summer said.

"Funny," he said sarcastically.

"I'm confused," Rick said.

"Who are you?" Josh asked him.

"Someone you would get along with very well," I mumbled.

"My name is Rick. And you are?" he asked.

"I'm Josh, Summer's boyfriend."

"You mean Summer's obsessed EX boyfriend?" Summer asked.

"Who gave you permission to speak?" Josh asked her. She scoffed.

"And you want to get back together," she mumbled. She just barely got that sentence out before I punched the guy. He does NOT talk to her like that and get away with it.

"Who do you think you are?" I asked him after satisfyingly seeing him fall to the ground. "Who do you think you are to talk to her like that?"

"Jay, he's hardly worth it," Summer said, grabbing my arm. She stretched to her toes to whisper in my ear. "Kick him," she said. I obeyed and kicked him hard. Rick helped him up.

"Why are you helping him?" I asked Rick.

"No matter what he did, I hardly think he deserves to be slapped silly," he replied.

"Are you kidding me? He smacked Summer around while they were going out and you're saying that he doesn't deserve to be beaten up?" I asked with disbelief. Rick looked at Josh and smacked the back of his head. Then he went over to the front door and literally kicked him out. Summer stared at him.

"He's gone," Rick smirked.

"I never thought I'd say this, but thank you," Summer said.

"Don't mention it," he said flirtatiously. I pulled her behind me.

"That is not an open invitation," I said. He shrugged and looked at his watch.

"Well, I hate to do this, but I have somewhere to be kiddies," he said. "See you later." He left, leaving Summer and I alone. I turned to her and she clung to my chest. I held her. Shortly after Rick left, Jimmy came back. He ran inside and slammed the door shut, panting.

"What did you do?" Summer groaned. Jimmy jumped and looked at her.

"Nothing," he said too casually.

"You did something," I said.

"No I didn't," he denied quickly.

"Jimmy," Summer warned. I felt like we were questioning our son here. But he was older than both of us.

"Okay! Some people may not be too happy with me and you know, some more legs are going to be pulled off. It's best if I lay low for a while," he said, going to the living room. Summer threw her head back and looked up at me. I shrugged.

"Sometimes," she sighed, shaking her head.

"Hey Summer?" Jimmy called.

"Yeah?" she called back.

"Can you guys like, I don't know, stay away from people who look like mobsters? If they're strangers and they don't work in one of the friendly looking restaurants or friendly looking stores, could you not talk to them and stay away from them?" he asked.

"Sure. Wait, why?"

"Just....to be safe?"

"Okay," Summer said.

"That goes for both of you in case you didn't hear me," he said.

"You have my word," I said. My phone rang and both Summer and I groaned. It was my dad.

"I gotta go," I said.

"I know. Unfortunately," she said. I kissed her good bye and made my way back. Man, I hoped mom wasn't there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~It was short, I know. And Summer's was very predictable. I was going to use something else, but decided to save that for later. Jay's was going to be something else too, but I decided to also save that for later. Hope you're not too disappointed. Sorry it wasn't the hobo with the flying pigs and the poisonous bananas.