Chapter 17

Three months later
Thursday, July 18th,

Jewelanna POV

I was currently watching E! News since there was nothing else interesting to watch.

"In other news, I will like to send a personal congratulations to Derrick Roberts and Meghan Hampton on their engagement and rumor has it they are expecting their first child together. I personally love them together, Meghan is such a better fit for him then Jewelanna was. Don't get me wrong she is a pretty girl just not pretty enough to be with Derrick, she just doesn't fit into his lifestyle-"

I cut the t.v. off, Derrick and I haven't even been broken up for six months and he's already getting married. For someone who claims they love you and wanna get back together, he sure has a great way of showing it. I'm not even mad at the fact that he moved on, it's just shocking like wow, we really came to this.

RING RING

"Hello, this is Jewelanna," I said answering my phone.

"How does it feel?" The unknown person on the other end asked.

"Excuse me? How does what feel?" I questioned taking the phone from my ear to look at the number.

"How does it feel to know I won? I told you Jewelanna, I always get what I want. You really thought he was happy with you? Why would he want a fat pi-"

I jumped out of my sleep hearing my alarm go off. Ever since I ended things with Derrick I have been having those dreams, the one from last night wasn't as bad as the ones I first started having. I don't know what it is, I mean I know I still love him and I know he and Meghan will never happen again, but I don't know why I'm having these dreams. More like nightmares. Apart of me wants to call him and be like I forgive you and I take you back but I know he has moved on. Angie sent me pictures of him out to dinner with some woman about a month ago all hugged up. To say I was hurt was an understatement. But anyway, I picked up my phone to stop my alarm and to look at the time.

8:30 am

I had a late breakfast early lunch date with Anthony, the man whose team built my company, at Victorio's Oyster Bar and Grille. No Anthony and I are not dating we're just good friends, he lives down here in Miami and he showed me around. Besides, I know I'm not over Derrick so why bring someone else into the drama.

By the time I got out the shower and dressed it was 9:30 am and I had to meet Anthony there at 10 am. Victorio's is about 25-minute drive from my house so I will be there right at ten.

Pulling into a parking spot, I got a call from Anthony:

"Hello Anthony," I answered.

"Well Good morning to you too Miss. Johnson." He replied with a little sass.

"Good Morning, how may I help you, sir?" I pulled the mirror down to look at my hair and makeup one last time before shutting my car off.

"Where you at?" He asked as soon and I walked through the door. 

"I'm walking in the door now, where are you seated?" I asked as I looked around the restaurant.

"I'm to the left of you, in the booth at the end." He hung up. I love him but he can be a little rude at times.

I made my way to the booth at the end and I watched as he stood up.

"You look beautiful," He said as he pulled me into a long not needed hug.

I know that Anthony has feelings for me and don't get me wrong he is not ugly at all but again I still have Derrick on my mind.

"Thank you!" I replied as we pulled away.