16.

"Hayley?" Calum whined, trudging over to the lounge and sitting on it as he watched his girlfriend leaning against the coffee table while she knelt on the ground.

"You sound like a three-year-old" She said, but Calum ignored her comment.

"What are you doing?"

"Painting my nails" She said, and Calum leant forward, moving her hair over one shoulder so that he could watch her.

"Can I do it?" He asked.

"I want them to look decent" She laughed, poking her tongue out at him before returning to her hand.

"Please?" He pleaded, kissing her cheek, and Hayley sighed, giving in.

"Fine" She huffed, and Calum grinned as he sat down on the ground next to her.

He had seen her do it countless times, and his sister had painted his nails more times than he'd like to admit, so he was pretty sure he know what he was doing.

Hayley set her hand down on the table and Calum tried his hardest to get at least a little bit of the black varnish on her nails, his tongue poking out and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Done" He said proudly, smiling at his work.

"Calum, you literally painted everything but my nails" Hayley laughed, looking down at the mess of black nail polish on her fingers.

"Hey! I think I did pretty good"

"Whatever helps you sleep at night" Hayley mumbled, rolling her eyes and taking the nail brush off of Calum and attempting to salvage her nails.

"Can I do your hair and makeup, too?" Calum asked hopefully, suddenly very in touch with his feminine side (he really just wanted a reason to touch her hair and her face).

"Maybe another day" She said softly. Calum knew that there would be no 'another day', Hayley was just being nice to him and he loved that.

3 months. 3 months they had been together and she still wasn't sick of him, much to his pleasure (and surprise). Sure, they had their fights, but what couple didn't? Their relationship was kind of like the moon, not many people understood it and it was so full of imperfections, but just like the moon, they managed to shine through times of darkness.

Calum watched as she blew softly on her black nails and simultaneously cleaned the stuff off of her skin with a tissue soaked in nail polish remover.

Once she was finished and had out everything away, Calum grabbed her by the arms and dragged her into his bedroom that she had pretty well moved into.

He threw her on the bed, and she was almost positive he would either pin her down, tickle her, or try to fire up an intense make out session, but instead he just climbed into the bed next to her and cuddled into her side. He wrapped his arms around her and put his head on her stomach while he played with her hands in front of his face.

"Hayley?"

"Yes, nugget?"

"I want to grow up and grow old with you, even though neither of us really have the ability to ever grow up" Calum laughed softly.

"We'll be the ones sneaking out of the nursing home to go out clubbing" Hayley said and Calum laughed harder as he pictured it.

"You're so amazing" Calum mumbled before he could feel himself drifting off to sleep.