𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Start from the beginning

The boy nodded. "Minho's the keeper of the runners. Now, every morning, when those doors open, they run the maze, mapping it. Memorizing it, trying to find a way out."

"How long have they been looking?" The green bean asked.

"Three years," Newt answered glumly.

"And they haven't found anything yet?"

"It's a lot harder said than done, there, green bean." Katherine sat on the log, answering the brunette boy. The two looked over to her. She fixed her gaze on the doors, listening to the gladers shout behind her.

"Listen. Hear that?" Newt quieted the boy down. Katherine glanced at the boys. "That's the maze changing."

"It changes every night." Katherine continued for the blonde.

"How is that even possible?" The green bean questioned looking out at the gray walls that Katherine hated so much.

"You can ask the people who put us in here if you ever meet the bastards," Newt answered. Katherine scoffed amused.

"I wouldn't ask, I'd just... I don't even know." She trailed off. Newt glanced up at her and handed her the moonshine. She took it gladly and gulped a lot of the liquid down. She handed the cup back to Newt and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand as the boys called her to sing.

Newt grinned. "Finally, come on then, green bean. Katherine's gonna sing for us!" Newt smiled happily standing up. The girl smiled as well and stood up grabbing her guitar from Minho and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

Katherine sat herself down on a log as the boys gathered around, eagerly waiting for her to sing. The green bean watched in anticipation. The girl started strumming. She hummed for a few seconds, her eyes fluttering shut, focusing on the tune and words.

Back to you, back to you, back to you

I go back to you, back to you, back to you everytime

I get tired of your no-shows

You get tired of my control

They keep telling me to let go

But I don't really let go when I say so

I keep giving people blank stares

I'm so different when you're not there

It's like something out of Shakespeare

Because I'm really not here when you're not there

I've tried to fight our energy

But everytime I think I'm free

You get high and call on the regular

I get weak and fall like a teenager

Why, oh why does God keep bringing me back to you?

I get drunk, pretend that I'm over it

Self-destruct, show up like an idiot

Why, oh why does God keep bringing me back to you?

I go back to you, back to you, back to you

Back to you, back to you, back to you

I go back to you, back to you, back to you everytime

Just when I get on a new wave

Boy, you look at me and I slip outta my lace

They keep calling me a head-case

'Cause I can't make a good case why we can't change

I've tried to fight our energy

But everytime I think I'm free

You get high and call on the regular

I get weak and fall like a teenager

Why, oh why does God keep bringing me back to you? (back to you, baby)

I get drunk, pretend that I'm over it

Self-destruct, show up like an idiot

Why, oh why does God keep bringing me back to you?

I go back to you, back to you, back to you

Back to you, back to you, back to you

I go back to you, back to you, back to you everytime

Back to you, back to you, back to you

I go back to you, back to you, back to you everytime

The gladers were smiling. Frypan cheered loudly and the rest of the gladers followed. The green bean stared in awe. Her voice brought him some form of peace and the slightest smile formed on his face.

Newt showed the greenie around, telling him about all the different boys and their jobs. Katherine and Minho had gone back to talking and she even pulled him the other gladers who danced. The two danced around as she sung a soft tune, putting a smile on Minho's face.

The greenie ended up in the circle with Gally. Everyone crowded around, making a circle. The couple made their way over to the ring and stood along the inner ring, apart of the wall of Gladers. Katherine stood beside Minho, the girl remembering when she was able to take down Gally. The blonde boy taunted the brunette boy, the greenie shooting comebacks at Gally.

The two fought, Gally mostly taking down the greenie. The brunette boy ran at Gally and it seemed like he wasn't going to be able to take the taller boy down until he pushed on his back and sent Gally to the ground. Katherine smirked. Minho watched with his arms crossed over his chest, a neutral expression on his face. He looked a little surprised seeing the new boy knock Gally to the ground. He hadn't seen that since Katherine had managed to take down the keeper of the builders.

The gladers cheered. "Not bad for a greenie, huh?" He asked before Gally swiftly knocked the brunette boy's feet from under him making him slam his head on the sandy ground. Some boys groaned, knowing how much that would hurt, practically being able to feel the headache.

The greenie had a look of realization cross over his face. He slowly got up, muttering under his breath. "Thomas. Hey! Thomas! I remember my name. I'm Thomas!"

"Thomas!" Alby cheered. Everyone cheered and crowded around Thomas, pushing past the couple. Katherine grinned as she grabbed Minho's hand subtly. He looked down at her with a smile. She returned it as everyone celebrated the new greenie, Thomas.

______

Hi sorry I'm late with this chapter but I hope you enjoyed it! Thank you all for your nice comments I cannot tell you how much they make me smile and how grateful I am. It also lets me know that my readers are enjoying the story :)

Anyway, until next  time

Xoxo, Gossip Girl ;)