Chapter 6

While still in Mikes house, Will explained everything that happened in his flashbacks of the Upside Down and what he is feeling to you and Mike.

"I feel like I'm stuck," Will explains with a head shake.

"Like, stuck in the Upside Down?" Mike questions, trying to understand Will to his best abilities.

By now, I'm sitting on the ground while Mike sits on the couch next to Will.

"No. You know how a view master when it gets uh-," "Caught between two slides?"

Mike finishes Wills sentence. Will nods his head quickly.

"Yeah yeah. It's like one slide is our world and the other.." Will trails, looking at the ground with a blank stare.

"Is the Upside Down. It's like your shifting between two worlds. You sees our world mostly but also the other side. So everything you see is in real time?" You ask in detail, trying to get to the bottom of what exactly is happening, making you lean forward in interest.

"I don't know but there was this noise coming from everywhere around us. Y/n heard it too. Then, it was there," Will tells, his hand waving in front of his face as if talking about something in the distance.

"What? Another Demogorgon?" Mike inquires, leaning in while his eyes dart between you and Will.

"No, it was like this huge shadow in the sky, only it was alive. It was coming for us, but I think.. it's focus was on you, Y/n" Will mentions seriously, his eyes landing to you.

"Me? Why would it come for me when you're the one having these "shifts" between worlds," You question out of pure curiosity, biting your thumb.

Is it after you to stop you? Did it sense your intentions to stop Will from being injured?

"You're the one that has powers. The stronger the host, the stronger the monster, I guess," Will shrugs one shoulder, making a good point.

"But it will do anything to get a host. Which means if one isn't available, onto the next best thing. Will," Mike explains, also making a fair point as he looks towards Will. 

We all nod in agreement.

"So what you guys are saying is that the monster wants Y/n because she has powers but it would settle for Will if it doesn't have Y/n?" Mike asks, explaining it rather simply. You nod sadly.

"Though Will claims I'm one of the targets doesn't mean it wants me as a host. It's a possibility, but I wasn't even here when the Demogorgons attacked."

You contribute to the conversation yet again, making another plausible statement. Mike hums.

You could feel everyone's emotions in the room. Anger, hate, fear, sorrow.. It's enough to make your head spin.

"Just please don't tell the others.. they won't understand," Will begs quietly, looking at you and Mike with pleading eyes.

You nod your head, getting ready to speak before Mike answers first.

"Eleven would."

You suddenly draw a blank.

What..?

"She would?" Will asks with a head tilt, seeing Mikes expression get sadder.

"She always did," Mike replies confidently, though his emotions are anything but confident.

'I always do..'

I swallow the sharp lump in my throat, looking down at the ground.

"Sometimes I feel like I still see her. Like she's still around but she never is. I don't know sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy," Mike tells you both with a shoulder shrug, looking at the fort she used to stay in.