We Are Family

Lexi and Ethan were allowed to go home the next day. Josh picked them up from the hospital after he went home to get the baby carrier he bought for the new arrival. When he got up to Lexi's room, he saw Ethan cooing in Lexi's arms, as she comforted him.

Josh: Knock knock!

Lexi's face lit up at the sight of Josh. He walked over to them, and kissed Lexi before he gently kissed Ethan's forehead.

Josh: You both okay?

Lexi: We are now that you're here... aren't we?

Ethan giggled as Lexi smiled.

Josh: So, you happy?

Lexi looked at Ethan, and then looked back at Josh.

Lexi: I feel like the happiest girl in the world. Now I have 2 reasons for being here. You... and this little guy.

She teared up as she spoke, as Josh sat on the bed next to her, and wrapped his arm around Lexi's shoulders, as he stuck his thumb out towards Ethan, who wrapped his tiny hand around it.

Josh: Come on, let's go home. I have your discharge papers as well, your doctor gave them to me on my way in.

Lexi smiled as she gave Ethan to Josh and got out to get ready. She quickly got dressed as Josh put Ethan in the baby carrier, and then left to go home. When they got back, they parked up, Josh got Ethan out and Lexi went inside to a big surprise for her and Ethan.

ALL: SURPRISE!!!

From behind the sofa, out popped Lexi's mum and dad, Liv, Dean, Sasha, Bayley, Finn and Seth.

Lexi: W-wow... what are you guys doing here?

Sasha: Well, since we didn't see you guys in hospital or when the baby was born, we thought we'd come here and see the little guy for the first time.

Lexi ran over and hugged every single one of them before she cried... Josh then came in and saw the emotional moment.

Josh: Guys...

They all looked towards him and who he was carrying.

Josh: Meet the newest member of the family, Ethan James Stevens.

They all gathered around the little baby, who was sleeping peacefully in his little carrier.

Bayley: Aww... he's just the cutest!

Seth: Kinda looks like you, Josh.

Josh: You think so?

Liv: Yeah, I mean there is a resemblance already, despite him being only a day old...

The rest of the day went by with everyone taking pictures of them with Ethan, and ended with one big group p

hoto all around him, with him all happy and cheery. Everybody had left, and just before Bayley and Finn left, Lexi and Josh pulled them back to ask them an important question.