Note-writing while you're sick (Niall one-shot)

Disclaimer: I wrote this while I had a fever, hence the title. Hopefully, it doesn’t sound too delusional, lol).

            Setting: You are in your apartment room, and it is day two of you being sick with a fever. Your boyfriend, Niall, is visiting you and pestering you because he wants to talk. 

“Get out, Nialler! I don’t want you to get sick, too! I’d never forgive myself if you got sick because of me!"

 “Honestly, I don’t really care if I get sick; I just wanna talk to ya!” Niall said in frustration.

        Y/N realized that it wasn’t his fault that she had a fever, and she missed talking to him, too, since they had only communicated through texts the previous day, so she offered up a couple suggestions.

“Well, we’ll have to talk through the door, then, or we can text like we did yesterday. What’ll it be?” Y/N asked in a calmer voice.

“Fine, fine, but actually I have a better idea. Since I figured you would probably push me out again today, I wrote you a note…here.”

Niall handed Y/N a paper folded in fourths, and she looked at him curiously as she took it.

“You wrote me a note?!” Y/N all but squealed as her face lit up. Internally and externally she was freaking out at the romantic gesture.

“Well, yeah…” Niall started to explain, but then he gave up and chuckled when he saw Y/N’s excited face.

“Thank you so much!” Y/N exclaimed.

 Suddenly hearing how excited she was, however, she quickly regained her composure and replied with a more mature response:

“I mean…uh, thanks, that was thoughtful of you. Now GO.”

Y/N gave Niall a quick smile and tried to push him out the door once again.

“Alright, alright, but are you going to write me one back?” Niall asked in a hopeful voice.

“This seems juvenile, but yeah, I’ll just…um…”

Y/N searched her brain for how she could give him her response note, but before she could think of anything, Niall broke into her thoughts by saying,

“Just slide it under the door. I’ll be waiting.”

“Ok, I guess that’ll work.”

 Y/N readily agreed, not wanting to waste any more time before she read Niall’s note.

Once the door was shut, Y/N hurriedly opened up the note and read it, grimacing as she read the first line.

 The note read as follows:

“Hey Sicko (sorry, I couldn’t resist, ha ha),

I thought you might push me out again, so I thought you might like to ‘talk’ through note-writing, since I know you like to write. Man, it’s so hard not to talk to you face-to-face.  

I miss the little expressions you make when you speak, and I especially miss your smile. :)

Please get better soon.

<3 Nialler.

After Y/N had read the note about ten times, she wrote back a response that read as follows:

“Nail-file (I had to get you back somehow, ha ha),

Thanks for your note. I would say that you made me blush, but I think I got the whole ‘red-in-the-face’ thing down already. 

So, what are you doing today?

P.S. What ‘little expressions’ are you talking about?

Y/N quickly folded her note and slipped it under the door. She could tell Niall was getting impatient because she could hear him tapping one of his feet on the ground.

 “I hear your tapping, Nialler. Didn’t your mom ever teach you to be patient?” Y/N called out, laughing a little.

Niall chuckled from outside the door, and then all Y/N could hear was Niall opening the paper before complete silence engulfed her apartment.

Just as she was about to tap her own foot impatiently, Niall’s note came flying under the door, and Y/N quickly picked it up, unfolded it, and read,

“Sicko (Don’t call me ‘Nail-file’ again, or you have a pillow fight coming your way when you’re better, lol),

Only you can make me laugh when you’re sick.  :) You are a sweetheart, love.

As far as what I’m doing today, it’s pretty open. I might have to check in with the boys and Management later this afternoon, but until then, I’ll be ‘write’ here, ha, ha, get it?

Oh, and those expressions I was referring to are that you wrinkle your eyebrows when you’re confused and your eyes get big when you’re surprised. There are other expressions, too, but I can’t think of them now. I’ll let you know when I remember them. :)

Also, I've been thinking of all the things we can do when you finally get better, but don’t ask me what they are because it’s a surprise, and you’ll have to be the patient one.”

Y/N’s second note read:

“If we have a pillow fight, I claim the first shot; it’s only fair because I’ve been sick.  :)

What you said isn’t true, though, since everything and anyone can make you laugh, although I am glad to be one of them. :)

Anyway, don’t feel like you’re obligated to stay here with me; if you have things to do, I don’t want to hold you back.

Oh,  fine, I can be patient as long as it's a good surprise. :) 

Also, I just have to say that you’ve been hanging around Harry too much since you’re making cheesy jokes! Can you hear me groaning? :)

        Niall’s next note to Y/N assured her that she was not ‘holding him back’ from anything since he wanted to make her feel better however he could. The rest of the morning was filled with letter-writing, and both Niall and Y/N tried to make each other laugh through their notes.

It was a perfect, romantic morning, and Y/N knew she couldn’t ask for a better boyfriend.

Oh, and P.S. :

        Y/N was back to normal the following day, and the next week Niall and Y/N had their pillow fight. It only lasted about ten minutes because they both had to stop when they were laughing too hard to throw the pillows. :)

The End.