Prologue

Prologue

Nervous was an understatement. I shivered at the thought of standing in a room while people I hardly met in my life gawk at me like I were a piece of meat. This was turning harder than I had imagined. Though I had put a hard front for years now, I was afraid the meltdown was near.

I jolted at the buzz of my phone. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at this piece of shit that I was married to. He thinks the world revolves around him. At times, I feel like knocking on his door early in the morning and throwing a few cusses and punches before he'd considered looking at me, once opened the door.

"its about time you get in here..." he said with a strained voice that I could tell was from gritting his teeth.

I knew better than putting up a scene as I for sure know when to consider the opportunity. I've got it all my life. Right now, he thinks the ball is in his court and who am I to deny it until the reality hits?

Or is it the other way round?

I remained silent letting him know I was on it.

Oh! The actual occasion was that I was going to my in-laws house after I married that excuse for a human, the day before. Pulling some stunt the other day I managed to get to my house instead of his family house. But I had promised them that I'd go there today and he was waiting for me, at the gate.

Why gate?

Because I didn't let him in. He was standing there for almost an hour now and I sat in front of the mirror, doing nothing.

The bang on my door warned me that it was about time I got out of here. And here my journey to hell starts.

****