↪ Introduction ↩

The one thing we do when we create our characters is picture their face - obviously.

Even if it isn't there at first, as we go along making these characters, a picture will form and that picture will be of the character. You'll know their hair colour, skin colour, eye colour, whether they smile crookedly or have terrible teeth, if they're plus size or skinny - no matter what, as you write more of the character, you'll know.

And of course, we want to be able to put a picture to that face. We want others to see what we see; so we build our descriptions, load it with information so others can picture the same person.

But that isn't always easy, is it?

Sometimes, we have the exact image in our heads of who we want but putting that down, is harder. And not all of us are amazing artists - so we go to the nearest way of communicating that image aside from our own written descriptions; face claims.

We look up our face claims and we pick the perfect one for our characters. We choose our favourites and we put their faces in front of our characters.

The trouble with this is that finding the right face claim can be just as hard as conveying the perfect image of your character to others. We so often see the same actors/actresses and singers in front of characters, used to portray a thousand different characters, that we almost lose hope at ever finding anyone original.

Now, that's where I come in. There are so many other face claim books out there, especially on Wattpad, and they're all so lovely and so helpful - and I wish to do the same. I want to be able to help others find their right face claim in all the millions of male faces out there - in those used so often and those used so little.

I hope this book can help everyone who reads it! I hope you can find at least one right face claim for your characters!

Now, I will shut up with my unnecessarily-long introduction! (Sorry for how long this got, I'd only intended to write a short paragraph but it got away from me, haha. Thank you for reading it though! :D)

*

What you will find:

* Women of colour

* Varying weights and heights (e.g. plus size and short women as well as tall and slim women and various other weights and heights.)

* Varying different traits (e.g. tattoos/markings, piercings, hair of unnatural colours and styles, etc.)

* Medieval faceclaims

* Fantasy faceclaims

And much more!

I can promise every man and woman will be different! :D

(I have literally copy and pasted this whole 'chapter' - of sorts - from my female one to here and my male one (changing the last part, the list only to fit this more), so there's really no point in reading it if you've already read it there!

Sorry about that, it's just trying to make it different is hard and I am waaay too lazy to think up a different introduction. XD)