Chapter 25: What am I? A mole?

Start from the beginning

"Oh, that's right, you don't have any," the queen bee says.

"Oh," Glenna says, not wanting to sit there looking vulnerable. Well, that failed. Amanda laughs evilly. 

"Glenna, honey, go back to where you came from and get. A. Life," Amanda says, emphasizing the last bit, dragging it out.  

"Well..Well.." Glenna says, searching for an insult. The next things she says will probably be the worst mistake of her life, "Well, you're ugly."

Amanda looks shocked for a few minutes, glaring at Glenna with a how-dare-you-look. She regains composure and snarls at Glenna, "I'm not a mirror Sweetie."

Glenna stays silent, though I think I see her jaw moving, trying to reply. Before I can stop myself I yell over to Amanda:

"If you looked in a mirror it would crack!"

Oh, why did I have to reply so lamely? Yay me. Flop my life. 

Amanda turns to me, a fire in her light brown eyes. She narrows them and glares at me before walking over, her high heels click-clacking on the lino floor. 

"How dare you!" she says. Well, at least my comment offended her. "You boyfriend stealing loser!"

"Was Noah your boyfriend?" I ask, confused. 

"No, you dumb sl*t! Alex is," she sneers and I laugh. 

"I didn't steal Alex from you," I say, tilting my head to the side and smiling at her sweetly. 

"Yeah? Then how do you explain this?" she says, whipping out her phone and tapping furiously. Ten seconds later she shoves her phone right under my nose and I lean back to look at it. Its the picture of Alex and I at that model shoot when I was forced to kiss him. 

I laugh again. "That was taken at the start of term, Amanda. And I was forced to do that!" 

Amanda sniffles and glares at me. "Alex is mine. I see the way you look at him, as though he's your boyfriend. But you know what Natalie? He's MINE! HE'S MY BOYFRIEND!" she yells, furious. 

"Ok, ok, Queen Boofhead," oops, shouldn't have let that slip. "I get it! He's your boyfriend and I have my own. I'd be more then happy to stay one hundred meters away from him at all times."

Amanda grunts. I swear she has blob fish in her blood. "Stay away from him. He loves me. He'll never love you. You're too ugly for anyone to ever love you."

And with that, she turns and walks through her minions to the other side of the food court, her minions scuttling after her before she sends one threatening glare in my direction and storms off in the direction of the toilets. I roll my eyes. 

"She's just jealous," Meghan says. I turn to look at her.

"Its fine, she just wants to annoy me," I say then look over at Glenna who's whimpering at her table. I grab Bubbles and we approach her cautiously, drawing out chairs and sitting down with her. "Hey, Glenna?"

She looks up. 

"You ok?" I ask.

"No! I am NOT ok, Natalie! First you take Noah from me then Amanda makes fun of me and then you think you can stick up to me like you're my friend? NO! YOU are NOT my friend. I never EVER want to be friends with you so leave it, b****."

And with that, she takes her laptop and satchel and storms out of the food court. I sit there, suprised. I look over at my friends who look just as shocked. "Does...does...does she like Noah?"

Bubbles raises her eyebrows curiously and says, "I think she must."

"Woah," I say. "That's too much drama for me in one day. How about we go and buy some Christmas presents?"