four.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" Shoto flinched as his father's yell shattered his eardrums.

After Shoto arrived to the Todoroki castle on an unfamiliar horse with a bloody and barely alive girl, Endeavor had quickly requested the castle's doctors to work on her. Even he wasn't heartless enough to let someone die. But now that he and Shoto were alone and everything was a bit more calm, he was angry.

Very, very angry.

"I'm sorry father." Shoto said quietly. For the first time in his life, he was too scared to talk back.

"YOU'VE BEEN SNEAKING OUT WITH HER? FOR HOW LONG?" Endeavor asked angrily.

"T-two years." He stuttered, and cursed himself under his breath. Why couldn't he stand up to his father? Didn't he get the right to dictate his own life? Love who he wanted to love?

Love? Did he love [Name]?

"Well, look at her. She's bloody, bruised, and beaten. She's a barbarian! This is why I don't want you around her. This is your fault, Shoto. If you hadn't been hanging around her, this wouldn't have happened. Now you can live with the guilt of almost getting your little girlfriend killed," Endeavor spat. "And starting now, you're not allowed to meet her anymore. I'm having Momo guard the place with 10 times more strictness. You are not allowed to leave the castle except for your daily lessons, and those will be moderated too. I hope you're proud of yourself."

With that, the King walked away.

Shoto ignored what he just said however, and made his way to the infirmary. Sitting there was [Name]. She didn't look like her cheerful self at all-she looked so tired. The girl took a quick glance over Shoto to see he was fine, aside from a few tiny, bleeding cuts on his face.

"Shoto... You're bleeding.." She murmured.

"[Name], you're injured really bad, so please stop putting me first." Shoto said firmly.

Silence.

"Shoto," She mumbled. "I think it's good we don't hang out anymore."

The boy felt a sinking feeling in his gut, and his palms started to sweat. God, he hated what this girl was doing to him-if it were anybody else, he wouldn't care. But the thought of not being able to see [Name] anymore.. Completely tore his heart to shreds.

"W-what? If this is about something my father said, ignore it! I don't care what he says, I want to be with you.. I love you..." Shoto said, tears in his eyes. This was a big step for someone that barely shows emotion.

"S-Shoto..." The girl bit her lip as she realized. She so desperately wanted to say those three words back, she did. But she couldn't. She wanted to hold him close to her, wanted him to hold her. She wanted to spend her life with him-she loved him too, but she never realized. And now that she did, she had to leave him. It was her fault that he was hurt, that he was in trouble with his father. All she seemed to do was cause trouble for Shoto, she wasn't a good influence on him.

"Goodbye," She whispered. "We'll see each other again someday, I promise. Shoto, I'm so sorry..."

The girl left the Todoroki castle to be escorted back to her kingdom.

After that day, Shoto abided by Endeavor's rules-he didn't leave the castle. In fact, he didn't even leave his room. He barely ate, slept, and he stopped going to all his lessons.

Momo worriedly peeked into the boy's room. Currently, he was uneventfully staring out the window.

[Name] was the only one that was able to get past his cold exterior, but now it was back up. Momo angrily glared at the ground. [Name] had just left Shoto. She was a coward, and Momo swore that if she ever saw [Name] again, she would protect the prince from having his heart broken by her again.