"You don't need to choose." Jon continued, "You're a Greyjoy and you're a Stark."

Theon felt the pit in throat return once again. He refused to let it surface. 

"When I was Ramsay's prisoner, Yara tried to save me." Theon thought of that night, "She was the only one who came for me." 

"She needs me now."

"So why are you still talking to me?" Jon and Theon looked at each other once more before Jon turned and walked out of the throne room. Theon was left alone with his thoughts. He felt like they echoed throughout the room. 

He knew who he had to talk to now. 

He knew it wouldn't be easy. 

--

"Theon, they are all getting ready to leave." Tara was relieved when she finally found him. She had gone for a walk and saw the Ironborn starting to load up. 

Theon didn't stop walking. He knew if he did, he would have second thoughts. "I know." Theon was determined. 

Tara was more concerned. She was afraid it wouldn't go well. The two of them started the long walk towards the beach. 

"I have to talk to them." Theon started, "I have to. For Yara."

Tara nodded, "If anyone can get them to listen, it's you."

Theon did not stop his determined walk towards the shore. Tara was having difficulty just keeping up with him. When they were about to reach the beach, that's when Tara stopped him. 

"Theon, wait." She put her hand on his shoulder to slow him. Theon finally stopped moving for a second. He turned back to face her. 

Tara collected her thoughts. A part of her wanted to stop him altogether. She just was afraid of what might happen but she knew this was something he had to do. 

"Just-" She started, "Please be careful."

Theon met her soft eyes. He could see all of her concern for him. He nodded, "I will be."

She mirrored him back and nodded as well. 

"I have to go alone." 

"I know you do." Tara responded back. She let out a sad smile. 

Theon pulled her into towards him. Tara was glad he did. They both held each other for a moment while the sea air blew around them. The sound of the waves filled their ears. Even amongst what felt like chaos, this was a moment of calm for them both. 

Theon was the one that pulled away. Their eyes met once more before he started his way down to the men. 

Even though Tara knew Theon had to go alone, she stayed where she was and watched him from the cliff above. She refused to leave him completely alone. 

Theon walked through the sand towards the Ironborn men. They were all getting ready to leave. 

Harrag, the man that had caught onto Theon lies before, gave all of the men directions. As Theon approached, the men all started to turn towards him. Theon felt the need to run away, but he pushed his cowardly instincts back down. He kept Yara in the front of his mind. This was for her and he wouldn't leave her again. 

All the men watched Theon. They were waiting for him to start. 

"All of choose to follow Yara." Theon began as strongly as he could. He had to be confident, "We left the Iron Islands for Yara. She would never leave one of us behind." Theon looked right at Harrag, "We're not leaving her behind."